Visiting - #87

Last time: Rin decided that Iroha and Miku should stay with her for a while until Luka is out of hospital.

Luka's PoV

I wake up in a unfamiliar, monochromatic room. The curtains are drawn shut, and the room is dark. I guess it's quite late.

There's a pain growing in my stomach. Wincing to myself, I guess it's just a stomachache - no big deal, seeing as at the moment I'm more concerned about where the heck I am.

I'm about to get up, when I notice some tall machinery placed next to the bed, and common sense tells me I'm in hospital. It takes me a few moments to recall what happened.

I lie still on the hospital bed, trying to ignore the pain that is growing more intense by the minute.

Unable to see a clock anywhere in the room, I close my eyes and try and get some rest.

Eventually I give in, swiftly sitting up in bed.

I groan in pain, and decide to lie back down, covering myself with the thin covers, and shielding myself from the cruel world.

Eventually, i'm not sure wether I fall asleep or just pass out, but my eyelids flutter closed and I manage to stay like that until the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I wake up again, I find that I've managed to curl up into a small ball under the bedsheets.

"Ow..." I mutter, straightening my body up and staring up at the boring, patternless ceiling in silence, with only the faint beeping noises to be heard.

Some time later, a nurse comes in, and opens the curtains. The sunlight flocks the dull room, and I close my eyes tightly to prevent being blinded.

"How are you feeling this morning, Megurine-san?" She asks, walking over to the hospital bed.

"Uh, I'm okay. Just a stomachache." I respond, propping myself up in my elbow and facing the nurse.

She frowns in response, and nods slowly.

"If you don't mind, can you explained what's happened? I can't remember.." I ask her.

"We've stitched up your wound, if that's what you're concerned about, however.. you have internal bleeding, so we've had to preform surgery on you. You are going to have to stay here in hospital for a couple of weeks."

I lie there, staring at the nurse and taking in all of this information.

"I-I see." I stutter. "Thank you."

The nurse nods, telling me that if I need anything, don't hesitate to let her know. I nod, and she leaves the room.

I return to staring up at the ceiling, thoughts whirling around my mind endlessly.

Rin's PoV

The school day seems to drag out forever.

People kept crowding around me and Miku and asking us questions about Luka and what happened.

For the majority of it, I stay close to Miku and only say the things she doesn't mention.