20

I sit down in the corner of the cell and hugged my knees. It's cold here . The cell is dark and the paint had started to chirp off. There was the stench of sewage present making me want to puke .
I was surrounded by 4 bare walls .
I sat there for a lot of time and my back had started to ace. My body was cold and my teeth chattered occasionally.

I couldn't tell the time but it felt like I had been here for centuries. I guess the prison was always my home. I just never acknowledged the fact that I was, but I always will be. sometimes a prison inside this body, sometimes a prison of this society and now a prison of bare walls.

My throat was dry and I wanted water. I felt the tears in my eyes and I let them fall out. I wasn't crying. Just the tears made their way out of me, but my face was devoid of emotion.

I tried to walk but my legs just gave out, there was just a small old blanket in the corner and a water fountain. But I couldn't drink from it, it was broken and rusted meaning it was of no use.

Since I was wearing a shirt and jeans my arms were cold. I rubbed them but it was of no use. Getting up I go and pick the blanket and I'm immediately greeted with a rotting smell. I pinch my nose and wrap the blanket around me. The blanket is not as bad as I had thought. I close my eyes and try to sleep.

..............

I wake up to the urge to drink water. My throat is extremely dry and my body is aching all over. This dungeon is dark. Just a small light in the hall but the cells are dark. It looks like it's night but I'm not sure. My head hurts and  I feel weird. No ones come to my rescue. I had expected him to come but he hadn't.
My stomach grumbles making me open my eyes. Why can't you just shut up . Had to remind me of my surroundings.
I pull the blanket closer to me and high my knees putting my head on top of them and closing my eyes. I let my imagination run wild . I imagine being free. In a world of complete happiness.

I hear the sound of shoes and my cell door opens to reveal a man , he has a tray of what I believe is food, pushing the tray in he locks the door before vanishing.

I get up and sit in front of the tray. There is some bread, a dark colored soup and a glass of water on it. I pick up the bread and its rock hard. And they expect me to eat this. I taste the soup and it's even worse. It rather be poison then this shit. Picking up the glass of water I gulp it down and push the tray away . I go back to my blanket and wrap it around me before closing my eyes.
I don't know how long I've been here but it's not maddening. I had expected it to be something ugly and irritation yet I'm at peace. It's just another shape of my misery but it's better then the other forms.

I hear the crouch of shoes and suddenly it stops.
Looking up I'm greeted with a familiar face

"Little one , is that you"

"Kevin??"

"What are you doing here" I ask

"I was just checking the cells , it's kind of like my duty"he says pulling out keys from his pocket and unlocking my cell.

I look at him and our eyes embrace each other's.

"Who put you here " he says leaning down towards me his voice full of concern.

"Landon"is my only reply,

I can see anger in his eyes.