Chapter 11

"Naruto, look out!"

   Naruto felt himself turn around, eyes widening in fear at the flash of silver he saw. His heart was hammering in his chest, adrenaline pumping in his veins, but he felt like he was going no where. Was this it? Was this seriously how he was going to die? Naruto's not even close to being Hokage!

   Suddenly, he felt an arm wrap around his waist, pulling him back, as a bronze-looking sword was thrust into the ninja's chest at the speed of light. The person didn't even have time to shout as he weapon was twisted and tugged out harshly, disappearing in thin air.

   Percy was crouched next to Naruto, sea-green eyes flashing eerily in the sunlight. He scanned the whole area before he let the small blonde go, finally satisfied with his thoughts. How he got there so fast, Naruto didn't really know but he got the feeling that Percy didn't use any chakra. "You alright, Duckling?"

   "Ah, y-yeah," Naruto nodded, gulping slightly. He tried not to look at the body as he turned away, clutching Percy's coat in one hand. "Was that a sword I just saw?"

   Percy pursed his lips and looked around at the gathered ninja, meeting the Hokage's eyes. They seemed to have a silent conversation before the god settled on saying, "It's my signature weapon. I'll explain more later but, ah, not here."

   "Okay," Naruto nodded as he was ushered to his team, who looked happy (well, you couldn't really tell with Sasuke) that he was alive. They were looking at Percy in confusion and Kakashi in slight suspicion.the jounin recognised the man's voice. "Oh, guys, this is Percy."

   "I thought Percy was a cat," Sasuke said, crossing his arms.

   "Um, well," Naruto scratched the back of his head, desperately trying to find a way to explain this.

   "I'm a god," Percy said bluntly, straight-faced and everything. The corner of his lips twitched slightly at their incredulous expressions. He didn't care about easing them gently into the explanation. He was tired and wanting a beer that the Uzumaki wouldn't let him have!

   "That's impossible," Sasuke decided, scowling.

   "Take it or leave it, Pretty Boy. I got no time explaining who I am to brats," Percy glared at the boy but it didn't really seem like he was mad at the Uchiha, just really annoyed.

   "Calm down," Naruto said, putting an arm on the black-haired man's elbow. "It is kind of a lot to take in. Didn't you say before that you were a water god?" At Percy's nod, he continued, "Then control the water or something."

   Percy stared at the blonde for a moment before sighing and waving his hand, causing a stream of water to rise from Kami knows where and circle around the team. He twirled his hand and it swirled, making a small water tornado. The water went in front of Kakashi before making a small dog and dispersing. "That good enough for you people?"

   Sakura just nodded dumbly while Kakashi and Sasuke just stared at the water on the ground. Finally, they nodded. "That was pretty impressive," Kakashi spoke, looking at the god.

   "Thank," Percy gave the man a lopsided grin. "Mm, so, what are we doing today?"

   "A D-rank," Sakura answered, relaxing at his smile.

   "We should go," Naruto said, looking around. "The old man already left."

Xxxxxxxxxx

   "Weeding a garden," Percy muttered, crouched next to Sasuke in a woman's garden. "I'm a fucking god and I'm weeding a garde- Hey, this is a cute flower," He smiled as he gently poked a daisy.

   "You're not how I expected a god to act," Sasuke spoke, tugging out a weed.

   "What, you expected someone who's stuck up, rude, and lusts for power? Like an Uchiha?"

   Sasuke frowned to himself but nodded.

   "You would be right about most of the gods," Percy shifted forward slightly to grab a weed. "But here are some who are laid back and just want to have a good time."

   "Like you?" Sasuke asked and Percy shot him a surprised look before nodding once.

   "Like me."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

   Percy turned into a cat and hopped on Kakashi's head, eyes widening slightly, "Woah! I can see everything here!" He wiggled around happily, "And your hair is so soft!"

   Sasuke snorted while Sakura and Naruto laughed. Kakashi just rolled his eye, "Thanks." He reached up and grabbed the cat, who decided to just settle in his arms and fall asleep. When the team walked into the Hokage Tower, they received a few odd looks; probably since Sasuke was laughing, Sakura and Naruto looked like they were getting along, and Kakashi was holding a black cat, who decided it wanted to play Patty Cake with the Jounin.

   "I see you, ah, completed your mission," The Hokage said, eyes filled with amusement as he looked at Team Seven. "Here's your payment. Any problems arise while working?"

   "None what-so ever, Hokage-sama," Kakashi answered, looking up from the cat in his arms. "Everything went as perfectly-ish as it possibly could."

   "That is good to hear," Hiruzen nodded and the Hatake turned to his team.

   "Tomorrow we have the day off so you can relax or train," He gave his students an eye-smile.

   Percy yawned and looked at everyone, "Let's get ramen!"

   "RAMEN!" Naruto cheered, almost salivating at the thought of his favourite food.

   "That sounds like a great idea," Kakashi nodded and Sasuke and Sakura groaned.

   "Yeah, but tomorrow," Percy jumped to Naruto's head, plopping down. "I'm tired and in need of some sleep... And pie. Lots and lots of pie."