3. Francesca's Palm

As soon as the sun was up and bright in the sky, I was awake, dressed in a pair of old overalls with my hair up in a messy bun. Out on the farm, I said hi to everyone before doing my part of tending to most of the crops. I specialize in the fruits. Yeah, it's lame I have a farming specialization but whatever.

    My father is downtown on business regarding the farm and I'm technically left in charge with Lu Lu as my go to. Smiling, I encouraged everyone to keep working and that they were doing well. Everyone seems to be in high spirits if their smiles are anything to base upon.

    When it hit noon I waved goodbye to everyone and headed back to my house after a nod to Lu Lu. I have an exhibit to attend for Griffin and then an upper class party. I'm more excited for the exhibit than the party. I absolutely dread bringing Lucy to the party after Chad told me not to but I'm Miranda so I'm going to do it anyways.

    Before stepping into the house, I removed my boots and took a deep breath. My mother isn't home so she probably went to man her crochet store called: Crochet it Your Way. For whatever reason it's super popular and people come in for lessons and well crocheted items. I tried to learn how to crochet so that I could work with mom in the shop instead of on the farm when I was thirteen but I turned out to be complete trash at crocheting and a master with gardening and planting. Having a green thumb is not all the rage, trust me. I'm probably the son my father wish he had.

    My phone vibrated and I saw a text from Griffin.

Hey, not to be rude or last minute, but I hope you didn't invite Lucy face to face for my exhibit. I had to invite Mr. Delgado, you know, the big time artist that makes venues of art in hopes that he wants one of my pieces for his upcoming venue no one knows about yet. So I don't have three extra spots anymore, only two. Unless you want to bring Lucy instead of Linet it's up to you. Sorry, Miranda :(

    Cursing underneath my breath, I dialed up Linet.

    "Hello?" Linet answered.

    "Tell me why Griffin only has two spots left," I informed as I headed upstairs for my room.

    "Damn, that means we're all out? I had a cute outfit planned too!" she whined.

    Laughing I said, "No, it just means I can either bring you or Lucy."

    "Oh, then it's whatever. I won't pressure you to choose me or anything."

    After a roll of my eyes I scoffed, "You know damn well I'd never choose Lucy over you for a Griffin exhibit. Lucy hates Griffin and doesn't understand art. I called so you could help me figure out a way to divert Lucy."

    "Hm..." I can practically hear Linet's brain working. "I got it! Tell her we're going downtown to meet with our dads about his organic farming direction. It will take most of the afternoon and we'll meet her at the party later tonight. If she finds out we went to Griffin's show we can say our dads let us go out on our own for a while so we stopped by. Done."

    "That's genius. Ugh, I don't know how your brain is so perfect but I wish I could borrow it."

    Laughing, Linet said, "You're a straight A student, Miranda."

    "Yeah, in English and history I excel, math and science not so much."

    "That's why I'm here for free round the clock tutoring sessions with amazing snacks at my place guaranteed."

    "Heart it."

    "Double heart it. I'll pick you up in two hours so be ready. Bye."

    "Bye." I hung up and then dialed up Lucy. This is not going to go well.