5. Pooling for Answers

Arms full of swimsuits, I ferociously went through different sets of them, hoping to find the swimsuit for Francesca's party tomorrow afternoon. My swimsuit must be the most striking or am I even Miranda Lewis? While I should only just be shopping, I'm also on FaceTime with my sister, Kasey, trying to help her pick the perfect something blue, something old, and something new.

"Miranda, what do you think about a one piece?" Lucy asked, holding up some wild and colorful swimsuit that would probably look amazing on her but I literally can't stand the sight of her face right now because she could have possibly slept with my boyfriend which would ruin our friendship. Or she could have slept with Francesca's boyfriend, which would once again, ruin our friendship.

Grunting, I turned away from Kasey to growl out, "If you think it will get you more attention, then go for it."

Lucy frowned. "Isn't that the whole point of this party?"

I rolled my eyes and looked back to my phone. "Something old is obviously going to be mom's veil because for one it's incredibly gorgeous and she kept it as good as new. Something new is going to be that damn gorgeous dress Ms. Quinn designed for you. And something blue, I will take care of that as your Maid of Honor."

"Ugh, Miranda, you're so smart and perfect. This whole wedding planning thing is just stressing me out," Kasey vented.

I gave her a sympathetic smile and went back to looking for swimsuits. See, Kasey is a way more developed and beautiful version of me, as well as more successful. Her blonde hair is blonder and way longer. Her eyes are way more wide and bright. She is taller than me and way chestier. Her butt is amazing from that extensive diet and workout regimen she is on. She was legit on the cover of Sports Illustrated this year and wow, she looked fantastic. She is everything that I want to be and then some.

"Don't flatter me too much, I don't look good when I turn red," I joked. Kasey laughed and it was so beautiful it moved me. "Anyways, you have no reason to stress, just—"

"No reason to stress?" she shrieked. I sighed, here we go. "I get married next week, Miranda! Next freaking week! Everything is a go and as much as I am excited, I'm also extremely freaked out. I am going to be a married woman."

"Yeah, a hot married woman," Linet chimed in, holding a Hurley swimsuit up to her chest. I laughed, letting her squeeze in beside me so that her face fit into the camera to be seen. "Kasey, you're going to love your ceremony and it's going to be the best moment of your life. Jasey forever!"
Smiling, Kasey said, "I know, just...this is so much. You'll understand someday."

"Looking forward to it." Linet blew Kasey a kiss and Kasey chuckled, waving goodbye. We all blew kisses and threw waves and peace signs before ending the call. "I can't wait until next weekend."

"Same," I agreed, slipping my phone into my purse.

"So you're going to go with this Hurley swimsuit, really?" Lucy sniped, raising an eyebrow.

"It's a brand of Nike in case you forgot and yeah, I'm sporty and urban so I'm going to wear this surf top and blotch surf bottoms. It's colorful and it's me."

The top looks like a sports bra so it should keep everything together and the bottoms look like regular swim bottoms with three straps for the right hip to expose some skin. It's in a bright red color with a camouflage feel. I think it's perfectly Linet.

"I think it's cute," I said offhand, looking at my own choices.

"Yeah, says the girl with an over two-hundred-dollar golden swimsuit in her arms," Lucy snarled.