It Was Nothing

I stayed in bed all day. Yesterday was the dance and I've received multiple messages from my worried friends.

It wasn't like me and Lucas were dating, it just hurt my feelings because I thought we could date. I thought that he liked me. I thought wrong. But Riley May Matthews is no longer a fool.

I curl my blanket closer to me thinking about it. Push those thoughts out Riley, you'll make it worse.

I hear a knock on the window and I look over to a worried Maya.

"Let me in Riley!" She shouts.

I don't reply.

"Ring power!" She shouts and I curse.

"Curses!" I yell and unlock the window. She climbs onto the bay window and hugs me.

"What's wrong Sunshine?" She asks and I sigh.  I tell her the whole story as she sits there patiently.

"Peaches he doesn't like me and I don't like it." I pout. She smiles.

"I figured it had something to do with Lucas." She says then leaves. Well gee thanks best friend.

Lucas comes into the room.

"Riley I'm sorry." He says.

"I know what this is about." He says puzzling me.

"You do?"

"The kiss, what else has happened since yesterday. I figured you saw." He sighs.

"Yeah so say your sorry and go date Jenny." I snap.

"I don't want to date her I want you Riley"

"But you kissed her...Right?"

"Wrong...she kissed me. I was grabbing food when she came over to talk with me. It was real friendly and I moved onto the drinks. Then she leaned in and kissed me. I was shocked. I broke away from her and started immediately looking for you but you were gone...Oh Riley I love you..." He says and hugs me tight against him. I melt into his arms.

Alright Lucas friar I forgive you, for now...