Aye Aye Captain. Chapter 15: Final words, Final touch.

Hiccup's POV

When I wake up I see metal bars. Brick, cement walls. This must be prison. The place that states my doom with written words.

I blink and press a hand to my head. The throbbing pain from the hits. Why did I slap him? What state of mind was I in?

I take deep breaths and sit up with a loud groan. Looking over I see white.
That beautiful white I always want to wake up too.

But I failed him. I gave up right in front of his eyes. Seeing his look of shock and rage flash through his eyes hurt me. I hurt him, so bad.

I just don't want to live anymore. What's the point of living when I've lived a thousand deaths already? Why haven't I died yet?

Some may call it luck.

I call it bad luck.

I don't want to do this anymore. Running around In circles waiting for death to finally catch up. Why can't I just stop? Why can't I let death catch up? Was I scared of death? Should I be running from it?

I was confused of what I need to do in life. I'm getting tired of this endless circle. I need to breath. I need to relax. To continue running was nothing but pain and exhaustion.

Old people die because they don't run as fast. Some may still have the courage to keep going longer.

Babies die because they can't run. Some are just luckier then others.

Teenagers die because they are too busy questioning life. Some just keep running wanting to see the world ahead.

Adults die because we give up and we've lived what we wanted too live. Some may want to keep going and keep fighting.

I'm not like that.

I'm weak and I want to give up.
I'm slowing down, and I don't wanna speed up.

I'll never speed up.
I'm done speeding up.

I watch Jack as he slept. Sometimes, he was my lifeline. Seeing him wants me to speed towards him. Run towards endless happiness with him.
But the circle always changes. How do I know it will be happily ever after?

No one knows.

"Mmgg H-Hiccup?"

I look towards his face and Jack slowly sat up. He was sat on the opposite wooden 'bed'. He looked in pain.

"Hiccup... Why?" He whispers.

It was dead of night and his voice was just a breeze in the midnight silence.
I shook my head and look down at my foot.

"Hiccup why did you give up?" Jack asked more sternly and clearly. He really wanted to know?

"I'm sick of living Jack. You of all people should know what I'm feeling right now."

"It doesn't give you a reason to betray everyone, betray me. I love you Hiccup and you throw me away like nothing. Like I won't be effected by your death! Look through my eyes Hiccup! Feel what I feel when I watch you give up!"

"I know Jack! But I'm tired of this game. This stupid game called life." I let a sob creep through my lips as I closed my eyes tightly.

"This stupid game called life Hiccup, is one you have to finish to actually be complete." Jack said and it stung my ears. Arms wrap around me protectively while I started to sob softly.

"I-I'm sorry Jack... You know I love you right?" I stutter and shakily take In breaths.

"Of course... But I feel like you never care." Jack whispers and I look up at him in shock. I really show him that impression? "You just... You don't- You don't help me. I know your having a hard time but I am too. I'm human too. I have emotions and feels that need to be tended to" He sniffs and I realise how horrible I've really been. He was right. I do nothing to support Jack. I do nothing to help him.