Chapter Two

Another chapter! I'm still not sure if I'm going to continue this, but some of you asked for another update so I decided to post one. Enjoy :) 

_____________________________

As the assistant trainer, I was required to attend all of the football practices. There were multiple trainers, each designated to watch over a specific sport, including every practice, scrimmage, and game. Luckily for me, I was placed with Sandra and the football team at the start of the season my freshman year.

I've always loved football. I suppose I was bred into my love for the sport, seeing as my father used to be the head coach for my high schools team back in North Carolina. I was raised with a strong head on my shoulders and the belief that beer and football are all a person needs in life. You can thank my dad for that.

"Damn it, McCall, catch the damn ball! Peterson is throwing a perfect pass!" Coach Baxter shouts across the field.

I look up and see Trevor jogging over to the ball that he failed to catch, his head hanging low. My gaze grazes the rest of the field, watching the other players as they went about their drills. My eyes land on the fifty yard line at the exact time that Vincent launches the ball down the field in a flawless pass, thirty five yards closer to the end zone.

Max catches Vincent's pass and let's out a holler of victory as he runs it into the end zone. I glance back at Vincent and see him smirking, an air of confidence surrounding him as he stands at the fifty yard line. I want to roll my eyes at him, or shake my head, but don't waste my energy. Guys like Vincent were better off being ignored than indulged in.

"Good pass, Bradshaw." Coach praises reluctantly.

I smirk. Coach understood how large Vincent's ego was just as well as I, and he was reluctant to admit when Vincent did something right. To be fair, Vincent bothers Coach with more issues than just his ego. His poor grades, reputation, and manners kept him from playing in games sometimes, and more times than not, result in a loss for the team.

I look back down at the notes I was reviewing for my biology class, trying to memorize the cells and their specific functions. Unfortunately for me, I was failing. Miserably. As a student studying physical therapy, you would think that I was good at all things science, especially when it had direct correlation with body parts. Well, you'd be wrong.

The shrill sound of a whistle distracts me further from my studying, or lack thereof, and I hear Coach Baxter shout: "Alright boys, that's it for today. Hit the showers!"

A defeated sigh left my lips. At the start of practice, I vowed that I would know everything I needed to know about the cells by the end, and I had only managed to memorize a quarter of what I was supposed to. I begin to pack up my notes and throw them into my bag, then sling my bag around my shoulders, ready to leave.

"Lil, wait!" I hear Trevor call.

I turn toward the field and see the football players trudging off, slumped and exhausted, probably dying in their thick football pads underneath the hot sun. Trevor jogs to the sidelines holding his helmet in his hand, and uses his free hand to rake through his sweaty mop of hair.

"What's up?" I greet, my eyes scanning his body for any injuries. "Did you pull something?"

Trevor cracks a grin and shakes his head. "Nah, nothing like that. I wanted to know if you were going to come out tonight."

My gaze snaps back up to his and I shake my head. "No, I wasn't planning on it."

"But Sig Ep is throwing their kickass Hawaiian party," Trevor whines, as if he's trying to convince his parents to let him go. "Come on, Lil, have some fun for once."