We Are Over

DOUBLE UPDATE!
It's about to go down.

Chapter 39:

LIAM

I didn't want to leave our room. Not when I knew my mum was in the same house, and I could possibly bump into her at any time. She basically admitted to following us home that day we met up, feeding me some bullshit about worrying about where I was staying. I know that I said that I would let her back into my life eventually, but I wasn't ready yet. This was moving too fast, and it honestly scared me.

I tensed as the room door opened, but I calmed down as I saw Zayn standing there. I was so glad he was back from work now. He came over to me, laying his phone on the nightstand and kicking his shoes off before pressing a small kiss to my forehead and sighing.

"Li, you're gonna have to talk to her eventually. This may not be the way you wanted to let her back into your life, but it's happening this way. Either you want her in it or not." He said gently, and I knew he was right. I had to eventually talk to her, but not yet.

"I'll talk to her... eventually. Maybe tomorrow." I said, shrugging off the topic, and Zayn sighed but nodded. He scrambled back off of the bed, standing up straight as he walked toeards the door.

"Well, just to let you know, she left to the store. I let her borrow my car. So do you wanna eat in the dining room or do you want me to bring your food to you?" He asked, and I thought about it for a second before I said "Let's eat in here. Watch a movie, maybe."

"Okay. I'll be back then." Zayn said, turning to open the door, shutting it behind him as he walked out of the room. Then it was just me and my thoughts. My thoughts of how good and steady my life was going in the beginning, how Zayn and I struggled but nade it through, and now it seemed my own problem was my relationship with my mum.

As soon as I thought that, Zayn's phone gave out a small ding! sound, making me go over to swipe the messages away, but I paused as I read the message. It was from Harry, showing that there were two messages, but it only showed the most recent one on the screen.

H: Does Liam know about it yet?

That all it said, and I was suddenly having an internal battle with myself. The morally correct part of me said to not be nosy, to trust Zayn, to let him go through whatever he needed before talking to me, but the other part, the morally corrupted part, said that I had to snoop. I had to see what Harry was talking about. Truthfully, a big part of me was worried. Was Zayn okay? What didn't I know about?

I swiped to unlock Zayn's phone, knowing that his password was his sister's name. That little girl meant a lot to him, and I knew it was hard to let her go, but it happened so long ago. Maybe that's what this was about. His struggle with himself to let his past go.

I clicked on his messages, ready both of Harry's messages side by side.

H: Z, I told Louis about what happened between us.

H: Does Liam know about it yet?

That was when I began to get scared. Scared and a feeling of hurt and betrayal began to creep up on me. Those two words got me. 'Between us'. What did he mean by that? What happened between Harry and Zayn?

I listened to see if Zayn was coming before replying, feeling uncertain still about this, but something told me I needed to know.

Z: Does Liam know about what?

I pressed send, hoping to get a clear answer to the question. A reply came almost instantly, another following it.

H: About what happened that night.