You Argue: Modern Warfare

(And depending on the story, How You Make Up

Yuri

     "(Y/N), you can't say anything to them!" cried Yuri, rounding the corner of the small corridor of your Hereford base sleeping quarters. He jammed his foot against the wall and yelped, coiling in response to the pain.

     "Why shouldn't I?" you growled back, turning around to look at him. "You never told me that you knew him, let alone that he knows who you are." 

     "Da, I did- just now!"

     You took a step backward to stay out of his reach. "How can you expect me to keep this kind of secret? If I say nothing, it could cost all of us our lives!"

     He grabbed your hand. "Pazhalusta, if they find out what I know- what he knows- that could mean my death!" he pleaded.

      Your eyes narrowed. "Then so be it." you hissed. "If it means I won't get killed by a terrorist king, then so. Be it."

     Yuri's hand slowly tightened around yours before dropping it. His body heaved with a chuckle. "I see." he said. "I guess I was wrong."

     When his hand had released yours, you had turned away, heading for where Captain Price and Soap would be sitting. But you stopped when you heard Yuri say he was wrong. "Wrong about what?" you asked, voice slightly softer.

     "I thought you were a loyal friend; someone I could trust. I guess I was wrong."

     Those words hit you like a fist to the gut. "What?"

     His blue eyes suddenly burned with rage. "Your unreliable! Deceiving! A traitor!" he roared. "I can't trust you!"

     "And neither can I!" you shot back. "How can anyone trust someone who confers with the enemy?" And with that you stalked away.

-----

     You slid down the door, covering your face with your hands. You wanted to cry, but you were so angry, so shocked by your discovery, so scared, you didn't know what to do. If you told them what Yuri had said- that he knew Makarov, and Makarov him- they might kill him. But if you said nothing, what horrible things might happen to you all?

     A knock sounded on the door.

     You sat bolt up right and then stood. As you opened the door, Yuri pushed his way in. Before you could protest, he wrapped his arms around you and squeezed until you almost couldn't breathe. You could feel every muscle in his arms, each of them bulging as he hugged you.

     "I'm sorry I've done this to you, (Y/N)." he whispered. "I never should have pinned such a heavy secret on you like this."

     Your eyes closed, and your nose crinkled in a grimace. "I don't want to keep it." you grumbled.

     Yuri held you at arms length and looked you in the eyes. "I don't confer with Makarov, (Y/N). After he killed so many innocent people- after he shot me- I could never go back to him." he said.

     You looked down his white tee-shirt, your gaze landing on the place where you had bandaged him all those months ago. Your hand drifted down to the scarred wound.

     He shivered, but just barely. "I know how to bring him down; you just have to trust me."

     Slowly, you took a deep breath and sighed. "I'm still angry at you." you muttered.

     Yuri laughed quietly and hugged you again. "I wouldn't expect less." 

     Soap's feet skidded on the floor as he stopped outside the room. "Oh," he said. "Am... Am I interruptin' somethin'? I-I can come back in a minute."