Fresh Blood (Part 1)

Walking close behind Sam in the dark eerie alley , I held the flash light in my left hand tight, the machete in my right even tighter.

The guys nodded at each other as the spotted the dark puddle of blood by the dumpster, immediately rushing forward.

We crouched down to the man that was lying on the ground, a chunk bitten out of his neck.

"Hey, hey," Sam said softly, "Don't worry, don't worry, we're gonna call you some help, ok?"

The guy was bleeding pretty bad, grasping at his neck as it oozed out the thick red blood.

"Where is she? Where'd she go?" Dean demanded, springing into action as the man pointed to the right.

I jumped up and followed close behind him as he jogged into yet another alleyway, following a narrow path between two buildings into what was certainly another alley, a path to the left and a path to the right.

Dean lifted his arm into the air, his sleeve falling away from his arm.

He lifted the machete up to his forearm.

"Dean! What're you doing?" I whispered frantically.

Ignoring me he pressed the blade to his arm, drawing a small amount of blood.

 He grit his teeth and exhaled to keep from letting out a grunt of pain, I assume.

I watched as the droplets of blood splattered to the ground.

"You smell that?!" Dean yelled into the quiet night, an almost maniac grin tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Come and get it!" he yelled again, arm still raised.

I squealed as a blond woman skidded around the corner, her chin coated in a thin layer of dry blood.

"That’s right, come on." Dean smirked, "I smell good don’t I? I taste even better he said.

I shrunk behind him as she stepped closer into the light, only to move beside him as her face registered in my brain.

"Lucy?" I asked. "Lucy, is that you? What happened?" I asked frantically, making a move to step forward, when Dean clamped down on my wrist and dragged me behind him.

What's wrong with him?

Lucy wouldn't hurt anybody.

"Dad?" I whispered, so quiet that I could barely hear it myself, but Lucy, no the vampire, had heard it. Looking closer, I saw the hungry look on her face, only then realizing this was the vampire we were hunting.

"Come on, free lunch." he said.

I stilled as she ran at us, my body frozen over from shock.

This is it.

I'll miss my car.

Dean must have anticipated her attack though because as she lunged for his neck his hand flew up to grab her by the shoulders.

Unfreezing I looked down at the flashlight in my hand, raising my hand up, I brought the heavy flashlight down against her skull, just as Dean jabbed a needle into her neck, injecting her with whatever was inside.

I watched as Dean let her go, his hand coming up to check that she hadn't bitten him, then turned to see the Lucy fall to the ground with a thud, completely unconscious.

Dean let out a "Woo" as if exhilarated.

I stepped in front of him.

"What was that Dean? She almost bit you! What did you put in that needle?!" I yelled up at him, turning to Sam as he came around the corner.