Domestica 1

Domestica

Hatori stared down at the dark brown kitten and frowned. He was not happy. His kitten had decided to bring his friend home. Again. Chiaki looked up at his owner with big, innocent eyes and meowed quietly, knowing he’d disappointed his owner but not sure why. He turned to his friend and they both looked at each other, Chiaki’s confused expression amused his friend because he knew exactly why the man was angry and he loved it. Yuu turned his crimson eyes up to look at the human and stepped closer to Chiaki, rubbing his head under Chiaki’s chin, purring quietly. Hatori scowled and scooped the protesting Chiaki into his arms and tried to ignore the stray kitten that had latched onto his Chiaki.

“I told you not to let him in.” The kitten blinked up at him and he couldn’t help the possessive feeling he had, he knew this kitten would get eaten alive if it had carried on living on the streets. Hatori had taken him in after finding him cowering under a bush with three much bigger cats surrounding him. Hatori had rushed over and scared the other cats away, gently coaxing Chiaki out from under the bush, only to realise another kitten had gotten there just before him. The kitten who’s crimson eyes he couldn’t forget had run off and left the smaller one on his own so Hatori took him home to take care of.

Chiaki shifted in Hatori’s arms and snuggled closer, tucking his head under Hatori’s chin. Hatori ran his fingers absently through the soft, fluffy fur as he went to sit on the sofa, taking a quick break before he would have to get back to work. He glanced down to see the other kitten sat staring up at him, the eyes unnerved him and the way it was able to sit so perfectly still freaked him out a little. Chiaki was perfectly relaxed on Hatori’s chest and was falling asleep, so he didn’t notice the death glares Hatori sent his friend who eventually turned and padded towards the door that Hatori was only too pleased to get up and open for him. “Good riddance.” He shut the door softly and gently laid Chiaki down in his little basket before getting out some food and placing the bowl before the kitten for when he woke up. The editor stretched his arms above his head and surveyed his apartment, it was littered with little cat toys and nibbles, he knew he’d have to tidy it and throw away the toys that Chiaki no longer plays with but he just didn’t have the time. He grabbed his briefcase from beside the sofa and laid out his manuscript on the table. Luckily work had not been too hectic as it was only the beginning of the cycle, so he’d managed to complete most of his work and only had a little to do that night.

A few hours later, Hatori had finished working on the manuscript and threw his pen down on the table, heaving a long, heavy sigh as he did so. His gaze turned to the sleeping kitten and noticed that while he’d been so focused on his work, Chiaki had already woken up, eaten all the food and gone back to sleep. He smiled and crept over to pick up the bowl but as he reached down the kitten’s eyes opened and stared up at him, there was a moment of silence until Hatori reached out and tickled Chiaki behind his ear, eliciting a purr from the kitten. Hatori crouched down and watched Chiaki slowly get to his feet, shake out his fur and clamber out of his basket. Chiaki stretched before reaching up his front paws and balancing them on Hatori’s leg while standing on his back legs. Hatori found the kitten to be too cute and couldn’t help but smile before he lifted the kitten into his arms and made his way back to the sofa. He sank down into the cushions and laid the kitten down on his chest where he quickly made himself comfortable and they both fell asleep within minutes.