Studying

"Now John, point at which item you think are the nipple clamps."

John felt his face heat up before he turned away in embarrassment. "Sherlock, is this all really necessary?"

Sherlock huffed out an exasperated breath, this was the third time today that the shorter man asked him that question. "Yes John, we both need to be equally versed in all things mechanic. These are just the basics, now, I'll ask again; point to the nipple clamps."

John pointed to the correct option praying for this to be over.

"Good. Now next-"

Sherlock was fully prepared to spend the rest of the evening quizzing John -John knew that- but he couldn't stand another minute of this embarrassment. Each question Sherlock asked him and each item he pulled out, made John blush to the point that he was sure he would pass out.

But he didn't want to complain again. He'd been doing enough of that today as it is. Finally an idea occurred to John. He could do something that he had thought about doing almost daily whenever Sherlock just would not stop talking.

"Sherlock." John spoke, cutting him off mid sentence. Sherlock turned to face him and John took the opportunity to pull him down towards him.

The unexpectedness and intensity of the kiss threw Sherlock off balance, making him drop the pen he'd been taking notes with and grab onto Johns shirt to steady himself.

Their lips parted,
"John" Sherlock breathed into Johns mouth and John lost himself, they never even made it to Sherlocks bedroom.