Prolouge

Clems POV:

Clems POV:

I made sure AJ was fully covered in their blood before slowly walking into the herd. The flesh eating beasts passed me as I walked. The walkers milk eyes looked at me but then went away. I breathed as quietly as my body would let me. My small ponytails bounced against my neck as my feet hit the damp floor.

Gonna have to cut them soon. I thought to myself, looking down at AJ. He slightly opened his eyes but closed them again immediately. I smiled and looked around, we were about a quarter into the herd. Sneakily, I pulled my hatchet out and started killing some walkers that were in front of me. The walkers didn't pay attention to my killing spree, I was doing this to get away faster.

AJ stirred loudly in his slumber causing all the walkers to turn to me. Hungry growls erupted from their throats. My heart beat raced as the infectious monsters lunged at us, cries escaped AJ's lips. Even more walkers drew to the sound and then my heart broke as I realised. Both of us, or just him will die....

"AJ, " I whispered as fast as I could, moments before his death. "Your gonna see your mommy and daddy okay.... It's gonna be okay. I'll end it for you now and-and I love you. You are my best friend. Goodbye Alvin Junior, you will always be in my heart. "

A walker went to grab AJ but fury filled me, he's not dying. Not here. Not today! I swung my hatchet at every walker as I started to run through the herd. AJ's screams and cries filled the air. I reached the end of the big hoard of the undead and ran as fast as my legs would carry me. I swear I saw two figure in the distance... Human figure's.

AJ quieted down and fell asleep again in my arms, risking it I ran towards the figure yelling out help and hello. The figure turned to me, it was a girl and a man. She was atleast 10 and the man had to be 30.

"Hi. " I smiled. "I'm clementine and this is AJ. "

"Hello 'clementine' I'm Emma and this is Joel. " the girl greeted, walking over. "You have lots of meat on your body don't you. "

"Tasty. " 'joel' smiled wickedly, licking his lips.

Cannibals.

Emma grabbed my arm and started biting into my scared dog bite, the same arm AJ was in. I quickly swung my hatchet at her head and sliced the top part clean off. The man let out a war cry and ran towards me with a knife.

I hit him in the neck with my hatched but his knife went into my stomach. I swung the hatchet at him over and over till he fell to the floor. I slowly pulled the knife out, screaming in pain as I did so. I slipped it into my pocket and left my hatchet on the floor as I can't carry it anymore.

I held my stomach, my breaths becoming raspy. I can't give up and die. Not yet, not now, not ever. I looked down at AJ who was looking at me with chocolaty brown eyes. I smiled at the infant in my arms and continued walking. I felt dizzy my eyes were dropping as my vision fuzzed.

"Lee, Kenny. " I whispered, becoming weaker by the second. "Give me a miracle... Please I-I can't die on AJ. I need a miracle. Help me.... Please. "

As if by magic there was a dead body and a full duffel bag on the floor,  even a tent! I smiled widely and murmured a small 'thank you' I ran to the ten and slowly laid AJ in it. I grabbed the duffel bag and limped into the tent, zipping it up afterwards, I searched the duffel bag finding: antiseptic, bandages, water, formula, diapers, wipes, cream, antibiotics, ammo, a pistol, canned peaches, canned tomatoes, canned bananas, scissors and stitches.

My eyes watered at how lucky I was. I went out and looked at the body, noticing the pregnant belly. I softened and sadly for back in the tent. I zipped it up then pulled out what I needed to help my stomach. I laid a pillow under AJs head and made sure he was comfy. I pulled my shirt up slowly and pulled out the antiseptic, I slowly uncapped it and bit down on my collar of my shirt. I poured the antiseptic on the bleeding hole in my stomach, immediately regretting it.

"Argh! Fuck! Fuck! " I hissed, putting the bottle down. The hole fizzed as the septic cleaned it out. I screwed the lid back on and grabbed the stitches. I steadily for the needle and thread ready and started to stitch it up. Yells, screams and whimpers erupted from my throat.

After it was done I cut the thread and tied it. I got the bandages and wrapped it around my torso. I smiled weakly, happy that it was over, and pushed my top back down. I put the stuff back in the bag and slowly crawled up next to AJ. I wrapped my arms around him and let sleep take over.