1-Moving On

Clems POV:

Clems POV:

I slowly opened my eyes, pain stabbing at my stomach. I groaned and started waking AJ up. The small boy stirred and opened his innocent eyes. Painfully, I sat up and packed away our things into the duffel bag. I noticed the tent was a fold down, I smiled. I lifted AJ up and the duffel bag, I walked out of the tent with them and carefully laid them on the floor.

I took in a sharp breath and folded down the tent. Once it was down it fitted into the duffel perfectly. I put some new ammo in the pistol and slid it into my pocket. I bent down and picked up AJ, cursing because of pain as I did so. I swung the duffel bag over my left shoulder and held my gun in my right hand. Then it was time for the walk.

AJ started to make little baby noises and I grinned toothily, he was my priority. He is basically my brother... Eh. I walked through the empty fields of green until I saw it. Howes. I looked down at AJ, should we go there for his safety or not?

Yes, risk it.

I examined the big building, walked bodies were littered everywhere. I went up to the gates and knocked. A man, a woman and a boy walked up to the fence.

"Hello. " I mumbled.

"Hi. " the man said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Do-Do you have a spare place for us to stay? " I asked, hope beginning to fill me.

"Us? " he hadn't seen AJ.

"Me and AJ. " I pointed out, showing him the four week old boy in my arm.

"Mark, we could help them. " the woman whispered, pointing at us.

"What if we are dangerous? " 'mark' asked.

"If you try to hurt me or AJ. " I pulled out my gun. "I'll blow your fucking head off! "

"Okay, put the gun away we was just seeing what you would do... You can join AJ and? "

"Clementine. " I smiled.

"Alright go round there should be a back door. " mark said, walking into another room. I slowly walked round to the back door and opened it. The first thing I saw was Carvers dead beaten body. I cringed my face in disgust and stepped over him, or what's left of him.

"Mark?! " I called out, suddenly a walker leaped out of a closet  at me. I let out a scream and aimed my gun at its rotting skull. As I pressed the trigger my stomach started to sting and I felt a droplet of blood escape the stitches. "MARK?! "

He ran in and saw the walker. "What happened?! "

"What happened was, " I aimed my gun at him, pain shooting through my stomach. "This little walker happened to jump at me, did you even check this place out!? "

"Cl-" he started.

I shot a bullet by his foot and he shut up. I walked over to him and whacked him around the face with my gun. The woman and boy walked in, anger filled me. I didnt even hesitate I shot mark in the shoulder, the woman in the knee and the boys finger. They all yelled and screamed in pain. I didn't even realise I did that. They woulda probably went after me though. Mark raised his gun weakly but then dropped it. I grabbed the boy by his wrist and then let go to put my gun to his head.

"We are fucking leaving! And your gonna fucking get a brain and check this place out! " I yelled, kicking the back of the boys knee, causing him to fall to the floor. "Cmon AJ, we're moving on. " I turned on my heel and walked out the door. My breaths were sharp and full of fury. I stormed into the forest and started yelling my head off. AJ started crying and I immediately regretted it.

"AJ. " I spoke softly, continuing our journey. "Baby boy shh, your okay, shhh. " I calmed him down and he just started to gurgle and giggle. I smiled at the baby in my arms and looked around. We were by a small clearing. I decided to set the tent up there. I guess hoses wasn't the best place to move on...

Once I set the tent up pain shot throughout my torso yet again. I got inside of it and pulled out a pillow for AJ, I quickly sorted out a bottle for him and started to feed him. When he finished the milk his eyes closed and slumber took him away. I laid the sleeping boy down and my stomach gurgled. I pulled out a can of tinned peaches and opened it with the knife. I ate away at the food, my stomach becoming satisfied.

I put the rubbish on the floor and pulled out the scissors, I put them at my small pigtails and cut at them. The dead hairs fell onto my lap. When I finished I felt them and was happy at their length. I put the scissors away and pulled out my water, I took a few good gulps and felt the need to pee.

"Shit. " I hissed, I quickly unzipped the tent and walked out. Then I went to the bathroom by a tree (👏😂) once I finished I walked back into the tent and zipped it up. I grabbed another pillow and laid it next to sleeping AJs I wrapped my arms around him and fell asleep.