Nov 11, Monday: The Day When Nothing Happened

See above.

Today I failed at NaNo.

I imagine that Benedict and Jakob must be off on an interesting adventure, somewhere between the Sky and the Wild.

#     #     #

Life outside of NaNo was a fruitful, interesting endeavour. I was distracted a great deal by events in the Philippines, which is a very important place when you work at Wattpad, and in the office we were doing a lot of pretty cool things with the Philippines in mind. For that initiative, I was actually writing stuff before I ever made it to work, eating up my NaNo writing time by trying to figure out how to use words to beam love and hope and support all the way across the ocean. In the end, I got to reach beyond my words and into photography and video, so hopefully there will be more to show on that tomorrow.

Outside of work, I indulged my photographer side by heading to a National Geographic LIVE event downtown. It was phenomenal, if supremely intimidating, and Paul Nicklen educated us about how not every leopard seal is dangerous and how there are FAR TOO FEW Canadian photographers in the shutter stable at NatGeo (make that only 1. Clearly we should just call it American Geo and be done with it >:(  ). He told us about grand adventures in the polar regions and of how he has to spend weeks on end chasing sexy mega fauna (whales, polar bears) so that he can make people care about a layer of plankton under the polar ice sheet--the rich soil of the sea, in his own words. 

Sorry for not keeping you entertained today!