Chapter One

The new recruits looked questionably at everyone. It was just part of the act, right? It was a gimmick, wasn't it? To scare the new recruits?

The last time this had happened, the new recruits were just babies. They may remember the impact of the Walls being breached, but there was no way they'd remember that sound.

"Everyone, on your feet!" Nora yelled, looking to her group of young soldiers. "Commander!" she calls, looking to the tall man.

"All Scouts Lieutenant rank and up, with me. All new recruits, back to Headquarters," Commander Erwin says calmly, despite the worry very apparent on the aging man's face.

"Oi, brat, go back to the castle," Levi tells her, tugging at her jacket. "Someone needs to watch those fuckers."

"They'll be fine. They're strong, and they're soldiers."

"They haven't even received their Wings of Freedom yet," Levi sighs, looking desperately at her. "Just go with them."

"I'm not abandoning a fight, Levi."

"What fight?" Sasha asks worriedly. "What's going on?"

"We don't know yet, Braus. Come on, get your gear ready. It was within the outlying district, so it's out of Military Police territory. Garrison should already be on it. We must of just misheard it."

The old Team Levi stayed in a squad, climbing the Walls almost effortlessly. After nearly nine years of being a full fledged soldier, the curly haired girl flew threw the air, making it up Wall Sina in only a matter of seconds.

"Eren, be ready!" Mikasa yells to him, just as they reach the top.

They didn't mishear that noise before. There was no mistaking it. One of the outlying districts of Wall Sina, the Orvud District, had been breached.

"It's only an interior Wall! Eren, be ready!" Commander Erwin tells him.

Eren runs to the front, the wires from his gear snapping as he makes her way to the site of the breach. Everyone hurries to keep up, but only Mikasa and Levi are even able to stay close.

But everyone freezes as they see him. Appearing again, after all of these years.

He was muscular. Only those types of Titans ever were muscular. His short blonde hair was plastered with the dirt from the Wall over his determined eyes. When he saw them, though, Wings of Freedom blazing on their shoulders and backs, he smiled.

He smiled at them.

"That's-"

"That fucker! It's Reiner!" Jean yells, knuckles turning white around his swords. "He's the reason... he nearly destroyed my fucking home!"

Eren looked worriedly below him. Blood splattered the ground, bodies crushed under the debris of the Wall. People were screaming. The Garrison were carrying off injured residents and shuffling people into the safety of Wall Rose, through the giant hole in the Wall.

"We have to clear these people away!" Nora yells, releasing her gear so she landed on the ground. "Everyone! This way! Go out towards Wall Rose!"

"Oi, brat, get off the fucking ground! That fucker is going to crush you!"

"Eren, lead Reiner away from the opening!" Commander Erwin tells him. Eren nods, swinging in front of Reiner's eyes to attract his attention.

Levi rejoins her side, grabbing her arm to pull her along. "All of the people are gone, the area is clear. We have to get out of their way, so Eren doesn't step on us."