Chapter 4: Smile, it's picture day

Songs- House of memories, Miss Jackson, She had the world.

NOT EDITED

Delilah Greene

***************
Will I ever win?
***************

This is what I call a teacher surprise attack. They spring news on you last minute.

"It's picture day!" The teacher exclaimed. "So move on up to the cafeteria! Class dismissed!"

Ringgggg

I grabbed my stuff sighing. No papers, no announcement, no nothing. I swear, people are so unprepared.

Like myself.

I'm in no state to take a picture, I pretty sure I have eye boogers, and no to mention hair. It looks like satan and Mufasa had a baby.

I let out a loud groan. "What's wrong tootsie?" I turned to face him, and I sighed, smiling a little.

"I look terrible, and our teachers decided to throw the news for picture day on us now."

"They actually told us yesterday." My mouth fell agape. "And you look bea-You look fine." He said walking ahead of me.

"Thanks?" I laughed and ran after him. We stopped at the line going out the door for picture's.

I looked over his shoulder. Julian, one of the six chicks, sat on the stool. She flipped her brown curly hair, and smiled.

Well I'm jealous.

I never get how people can position their face in pictures, so they look absolutely perfect.

I can only take selfies. Because I can see myself and fix any imperfections.

I already knew Ben would look perfect, same with almost all of the people in here.

Jealousy boiled in me. Why can't I be like them? I played woth a strand of my dull auburn hair.

I'm drab.

Sighing I scooted up in line. "So Delilah." Ben said looking back at me. Excitement bubbled up, this was the first time he said my name. I liked the way it rolled off his tongue, it made my name sound special.

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking we could go for ice cream after school today." He whispered the last part. I nodded and smiled, I couldn't help but notice the faint blush on his cheeks.

"Is Ben nervous?" I smirked.

"No! No.." He looked forward. "I'm just trying to win the bet. I'd never actually date you, who would with a face like that." He commented causally.

Ouch.

I flinched, tears threatened to come out. "Okay then.." I wiped my eye's on my sleeves, and sniffed. He looked back, regret laced his eye's. "Del-"

"It's you're turn." I pointed to the stool. He sighed and walked to the stool and sat down.

I regretted asking him, lying, trying to be popular. It was all stupid.

***

After 60 agonizing minutes, we finally could go home.

I started walking out of the parking lot. "Delilah! Wait!" I stopped and turned.

I let my emotions shine through my eye's, and he sighed. "I didn't mean those things."

"It sounded like you did, now leave me alone." I started walking again. He gripped my shoulder. "Delilah. Listen to me--"

"No! Leave me alone! You don't care about anyone but yourself! You selfish pig!" I shrugged his arm off and walked away.

He pulled me back, attaching his lips to mine. I froze, but soon I clicked back to reality.

I pushed him away. "What the hell?! I barely know you!" My face turned beet red. "Yet you ask me to be you're fake boyfriend."

I looked down. "And I regret it."

This time he wasn't going to pull me back. I walked down the side walk, my arms folded.

I'm so done.

***

Hey! I may have rushed into things, but I wanted Ben to make a move ♡♡♡

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!
Sorry if it's not the greatest, but this is my first book.

I'll keep learning. Feel free to drop some tips!

Love ya

-llama