Hope

Another weeks passed by quickly and I was back in the building, surprisingly, my co-workers has given me a welcome back party and Zach was the one who thought of it. Clark knew about it but he was good at hiding the event.

        Clark's break up with Lois was also weeks ago, however, he was still glancing at her from afar. Sometimes talking to her or Lois would leave a cup of coffee on his desk with a note. I knew because I was giving Clark some furtive glances and ended up seeing the interaction.

        I was standing next to Zach's desk, examining five new projects on my hands, "I did something stupid, Zach." I confessed.

        He stopped what he was doing and turned to me, "What did you do now?"

        I looked at him then around us to see if Clark was near, I didn't see him anywhere, probably talking to Lois again. I didn't get it though, he broke up with her, yet he was giving this impression like he shouldn't have done that.

        Seeing that he was nowhere in sight, I turned back to him, "I almost kissed him."

        "What?" He exclaimed, "So does he know? The, you know... what you're feeling. Of course, he knows, you almost kissed him."

        "Zach! He didn't act weird or something, so I'm good."

        "What if he did and you didn't see it?"

        "He's not, we even had a good conversation after it happened, we laughed and watched movies. Did anything as if it never happened."

        "You're fucked up if he did."

        "Ruined friendship, I know that."

        "Control your feelings, Jade."

        "I know! Don't make me feel bad already, and stupid. I wasn't thinking what I was doing."

        I saw Clark walking towards us with a carton of three cups. I whispered to Zach furtively as if I was talking about the project, "He's coming over here."

        "Act normal." He returned to his monitor.

        I scoffed at him facetiously.

        Clark stopped beside us, "Hi, guys. I bought some drinks." He placed it on Zach's table. We said our thanks and Zach stood up to stretched.

        "Christmas is near, do you guys bought already some gifts?" Zach asked, getting a random cup from the carton.

        I answered first, "I already got mine." It was already done, Clark's and Superman's. I didn't have to make one for Zach as I gave him one years ago and would just give him a simple gift that he would like.

        "I also have mine already," said Clark.

        Zach nodded, then Clark added, "Did I miss something while I was gone?"

        "No, not really," I said, looking down on my design.

        "We were just talking about a character from Game of Thrones, Hodor." Zach quickly lied.

        Clark narrowed his eyes, "Don't you watch that? Because I know Jade doesn't watch it."

        I pursed my lips at Zach's attempt of lie.

        "I was telling her what happened in GoT." He took a sip.

        Clark nodded then we all went into a long conversation. It has been eight months since I've met Clark, and my feelings for him was getting stronger. Up until now it seems like it was not enough. Like it wanted more of him. Perhaps I was not satisfied that he's still not mine.