Chapter five

POV: Jammie

  "Jason...." 
Jason look at me and Jessica. His eyes lingered on our hands intertwined. I was still, what could I say. The moment went on. No one talking, it seemed to go on forever. Jess let go of my hand and put it out to Jason as a greeting.
"I'm Jessica, people call me Jess." He took her hand.
"Jason." 
"I see that, Shay told me a lot about you." Jess put on a smile and I'm pretty sure Jason forgot about the last five minutes of ackward silence and the fact he cought his girlfriend hold another chicks hand. But the look he gave me told me I was wrong. Jason was big on cheating and even the littlest things he got jealouse.
"Oh rely, what did she say?" His eyes darted to mine for a split second then where back on Jess. This wasn't good. He seemed to be in one of his moods. Jason was one of the sweetest guys ever, but when he drunk he gets angry. He never gets drunk enough to make him do something stupid. The worst he has ever gotten he rode to my house and broke in. That was the first time he met my dad. It didn't end well, they both had to go to the emergency. He hasn't gotten drunk ever since, but tonight I could tell he had a couple beers. Perfect timing right.
"Um, so Jason. What are you doing here I thought you were going to California with everyone else?" He smiled and turned to me. 
"I didn't want to go without you, so I thought I would come up here and spend the rest of the break with you." My heart broke as he said it. Jason was so sweet, how could I have done this to him. I saw Jessica out of the corner of my eyes. He face was a picture of happinees, but her eyes I could almost see tears forming. What was I going to do!
"That's so sweet." As I said it I looked at Jess, a tear fell down her face. 
"Umm, I think I'll leave you two then. It was nice to meet you Jason." 
"No Jess, wait!" Jason grabed my arm and held me close to him. Jess turned and walked/ran away. 
What just happened!
I turned to Jason his hand still gripping my wrist.
"What the hell! Jason what was tha-"
"I saw you." My whole body froze, his grip on me tightened. 
"Jason, have you been drinking?" He laughed.
"I wasn't going to when I first came up here. A bunch of collage kids were having a party offered me a beer, I didn't take it. Just wanted to find you." He shook his head a tear slipped down his face. "I found you.... attached to that whore." His voice rose, people near us turned to hear what was going on. 
"Look, it isn't what it looked like. I can explain." 
"Oh, this should be good." I tried to jerk my hand from his grip, and failed.
"Jason this isn't you. Lets go outside and talk. You just need to cool off some." 
"I need to cool off! Are you kidding me!" He was yelling now. People stared, this wasn't good. I needed to get him to calm down. 
"Jason lets just go outside. I'll explain, and you can calm down some. Okay?" 
"No, not okay! How about you just go find you new whore!" 
"Jason-" A worker walked up to us and looking at me with pitty. 
"I'm sorry, but I going to have to ask you to leave. You're disturbing others." 
Jason laughed. "Sorry sir. Our bad." 
"I'm also going to have you to let go of this young lady. I believe you'r hurting her." 
Jason's face turned into a frown, then he looked at me. "I'm not hurting you am I. I would never want to hurt you" His grip got even tighter. I took in a breath, and looked around. Everyone was staring at us. I always hated when people were looking at me. My arm was burning, more workers came. There were four now.
"Jason just let go an-" He punched me. When he did he let go of my wrist. I feel to the ground. Hard, So hard my head hit the ground and my vision t blurry. In seconds a security gard takled Jason and the workers went to help me up. 
When I got on me feet they were 'escorting'  Jason out in a pear of handcuffs around his wrists. I looked at him shooked. Did he rely just hit me. 
"Ma'am, are you okay?" I looked up, all the workers were looking at me. 
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I wispered, "I-I just need to go find someone." I ran out of the lodge. 
I could hear them calling after me, I didn't even look back. I had to find Jess. Tears blurred my vision making me trip. I didn't even know where to start. She never told me where her and Eric were staying. All I knew was that they were staying in one of the hotel rooms. I totaly screwed up. Why did Jason have to come here. Why did he have to see. Why the hell did he have to get drunk! 
I got to the hotel and walked up and down the hallways, not knowing where to go. My feet were getting tired and mom was probably going crazy. I slid down the wall, my head spinning. I messed up big time. Jessica probably wouldn't even want to talk to me. The way she looked when she ran out, my heart pounded in my chest. What was I going to do. After seeing Jason today I knew I still have feelings for him but.... Jess was everything I wanted. I couldn't go back to Jason. Not this time. 
I sat there for a while longer thinking. I was so tired. Both mentaly, and physically. I started to stand up when someone from one of the rooms opened the door and started to make his way down the hall. A young girl about twenty, ran out the room and grabed his hand. 
"Liam, wait. Don't go!" The man stoped and laughed.
"Jen you know I have to. Breanda will be woundering where I've been. She'll come looking and I rely dont want to be cought with you. Expecialy since you only seventeen." She gave him a sad puppy dog face. 
I just stood there. I couldn't believe it. Mom's boyfriend was a petophile. Great. What else could go wrong today?! 
He turned to he and kissed her. I made a noise of disgust. They both turned to me. Liam's face turned white. But it was Jen who talked first.
"Um, what the hell do you think your doing there? Go away." 
I didn't move I just stood there staring at him. Jen's face went red in rage. 
"LIAM, PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT ONE OF YOUR GIRLFRIENDS!"
"No, this is one of Brenda's daughters. And she wont say anything. Now will you." He gave me a look that said I'd better shut it if I was smart. Unfortuninty I wasn't. I shook my head and started backing away. Liam took a step towards me, a worried look on his face. Jen stood back, arms crossed. My whole life was crumbling down in only a few hour. My whole body was shaking now. 
"Shay, now listen. Let's just think about this. We don't have to tell your mother about this. It could be our little secret." 
"Yeah, good luck with that." I turned to run but Liam was a lot faster than I had thought. He grabed my arm and pulled me into him. I screamed, he put his hand on my mouth. Sh'ing me. I elbowed him hard enough for him to take a step back and losen his grip. I pushed him with my free hand and stumbled backwards, and prepared myself for a fall I was sure was going to hurt. But instead I feel into someone. I looked up, Eric was staring at Liam. His face showing nothing but anger. 
"What the hell! Who do you think you are, pushing Shay like that!" He helped me stand up.
"I didn't mean to hurt her. Anyways I'm her uh, soon to be stepdad. Who are you? You better not be messing around with her! She's only sixteen, and you look older than that...."
"Umm, I'm her girlfriend's brother." When he said girlfriend my whole body warmed. She told him we were dating! The thought of Jess made me just want her here holding my hand.
"What! Her girlfriend.. I'm pretty sure Shay's not that way." He looked at me confused.
"Uhh-" Eric cut me off.
"Sorry sir, but I don't give shit if you approve of her relationships or not. It seems to me Shay don't want to be near you right now. You luckt I'm not going to call security for you trying to hurt her. But I know you'd better go talk to your wife or what ever she is to you, before I take Shay back. I'm guessing you've got alot of explaining to do."
"Let me get this staight. You're telling me I should go, and leave Shay with you. Why the hell would I do that. She's not even your responability!" His face reddened. Iv'e never seen him like that. But I'm sure he just wanted me to go with him so he could make sure I didn't say anything to mom. 
"Yeah, that's about it." Eric cocked his head to the side, smiling. He knew he had Liam. 
They looked at each other, waiting to see who moved first. 
"Okay, let's go Shay. Let your soon to be step dad say bye to Jen." That was it for Liam. He lunged for Eric, but Eric was already out of the way and Liam fell to the ground. Eric just laughed and put his hand on my shoulder. 
"I dont see what your mother see's in him." We started walking away. Liam yelled at me to come back. I was shaking, tears began to fall donw my checks. 
"Let him calm down some okay, I'll walk you back to your cabin in about an hour."
"Where will I go till then?" My whole bady was sore.
"My room, I know Jess would like to talk to you. She came in a mess. It would do her good to hear from you." 
I looked at him, he just kept looking forward. "You know she never crys. I havn't seen her cry since she was a little kid. Once our dad left she just stoped. Tried to always be happy, you know." He smiled, probably remembering some time long ago. 
"Thanks, by the way. For helping out back there." Eric looked at me. 
"Did he do that to you?" I looked at him confused. 
"You have a bruse on your cheak." I put my hand up to my cheak, and felt a stab of pain. It was were Jason punched me. I looked up at him and for some reason I think he knew.
"I went to the lodge looking for you, wanted to ask what happened between you and Jess. Everyone was talking about it." 
"Yeah, I'm not surprised. Jason, the guy, was my boyfriend. He saw me and Jess together. And then-"
"He got drunk and hit you? No guy should do that. No mater what." His face was stiff, something bothering him. I thought it was better not to ask. When we got to his room he opened the door and just stood there. 
"I'll let you and Jess have some alone time to talk, I'll come back in a hour to take you back."
I looked at him deciding what to say, all I could say was "Thanks." 
I went in the room and shut the door behind me.