Chapter 13

Mitch's POV

I woke up the next morning ready and wanting to go to school. I grabbed my clothes and started to get dressed when Kirstie swung the door to my room wide open and ran in.

"Hey! Please knock next time!"

"Sorry!" She ran around the room frantically looking for something

"Kirst, what are you looking for?"

"My pink dress"

"I think I saw it hanging in the closet"

"Thanks" She ran to the closet and pulled out the dress "You're a life saver"

"That's what I'm here for" I said as she ran out of my room to get dressed.

"Oh! My mom said your mom was home and wanted to see you before she leaves tomorrow"

"Ok, I'll go after school today"

Kirstie ran out of my room to go get dressed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you want to go to school?" Kirstie asked for what feel like the billionth time when I came downstairs

"Yes!! And after school I will go home and see my mother. The bus'll be here in two minutes"

"Thats two minutes to hang out"

"No, thats two minutes to stand outside and wait for the bus"

"Ugh fine"

We walked outside and for the first time in a while we actually waited for the bus. We got a seat towards the front so it would be easier when we arrived at school. Kirstie was being super sweet and was carrying my bag for me, which was a big help.

We walked into my homeroom and she set my bag down next to my seat.

"Mitchell!" Mrs. P exclaimed "what happened?" She asked concerned

"It's just a sprain."

"Alright. Let me know if you need anything" she turned back to her desk doing her work.

"Scott will be here soon. You guys have like all the same classes right?"

"Yeah. All except math. But you're in my math and history which is before it"

"What about after?"

"It's my last class today"

"But tomorrow-"

"I'll figure that out when we get there. Go to your homeroom. I don't want you to be late" right as I said that the bell rang

"To late" she joked

------------

Homeroom ended and Scott still hadn't shown up. I got up and grabbed my bag before heading to my first class.

Scott's POV

"Scott, honey! Breakfast is ready!" My mom called to me. I can't go to school- I can't face Mitch. I just feel so guilty, I'm the one who kissed him, I did this to him. Oh no, I'm going to be sick! "Scott?" My mom asked walking into my room.

"H-hi mom."

"Aw Sweetie, are you feeling okay."

"I uh... Feel a little sick."

"Maybe you ate something." I shouldn't mention what happened to her.

"Maybe."

"Why don't you stay home, if you feel better go to school."