Old Memories and A Plane Ride

These last few weeks were horrible. Just letting everyone go...just like that!

Sigh...

Tammy took it the worst though...she didn't even come to say goodbye!

My own sister...didn't even say goodbye.

Not that I could blame her. I did leave her after all and I did break my promise...how could I have left her alone with the queen of witches?

No Leanna....don't do this to yourself. This is your dream....she's too young now but one day she'll understand why you couldn't stay behind in that hell hole. She'll forgive you and you'll go back to the relationship you once shared.

Still poor Tammy, out of everyone else she took the news the worst...

''What's that?'' Tammy asked looking pointedly at the big white envelope in my hand which I was hurriedly tearing open.

''I don't know but I'm about to find out'' I replied skimming through the contents of the letter then jumping up and down squealing as my eyes read the last line of the letter over and over again.

''What? What?'' She asked excitedly runnning to stand next to me to try and see into the letter.

''Ahhhhh Tammy! I got in...I got in!'' I told her not able to control my intense happiness, not even noticing her abrupt change of facial expression until I heard her say,

''You said that you weren't going to apply. You said that you wouldn't leave me here alone.''

''Oh Tammy I know that but then Richie convinced me to apply and I honestly didn't think...''

''Find then...I'm glad you got in...but you're not really going to leave?'' Tammy said cutting me off.

Silence.

''Are you?'' she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

''Tammy this has been my dream since...''

''You promised'' she whispered choking back a sob.

''Tammy...''

''I HATE YOU!'' she yelled running out the room.  

Sigh...

Still, looking back it seems Tammy might have taken the news a little too harsh but the queen of witches...she didn't really take the news at all.

''Mom....look look...I got in! Mom I got in!'' I said as I ran down the stairs to show my mother the acceptance letter I got from L.A.R. S. academy of the performing arts.

''That's great sugar'' mom replied, '' now can you please go and finish cleaning your room honey''

'' Mom, did't you hear me. I said I got in!'' 

'' Yes sugar, I heard you loud and clear. Now when your finished cleaning your room don't forget you have to wash the car and tell Tamara to come down stairs and wash...

''Mom?'' I say, wincing at how wounded my voice sounded.

''Yes sugar''

''You know what? Just forget it!''

"' Young lady, don't you talk to me like that! Now, I'm glad you got in to that school dear but I told you that I don't have that kind of money to send you sugar.'' 

''Do you ever listen to me? I got a scholarship mom. I got a scholarship!''

''Now boarding all passengers to flight 201 Los Angelos"  said the high pitched voice over the intercom waking me out of my depressed stupor.

 Its about  time you leave the past behind. Mom can't stop you now!

This is my fourth and last plane ride in the last  forty-eight hours. After I get off this next plane my dreams are finally going to come through. This time around no one is stopping me. 

I'm moving on and I'm letting go.

Look out Hollywood, here I come!

I thought as I wiped the tears that I wasn't even aware I shed and picked up the one dingy old carry on bag I had.

As I climbed into my seat I couldn't help thinking how unfortunate I was to get the seat right behind a three year old child who was currently throwing a tantrum and a grandpa who was snoring harder than the engine under the plane. A woman who looked like she ate everything in Mac. Donald's came towards me and I prayed to God that she didn't get the seat next to me.

But she did.

Just my luck. Out of all the people in this world I would be the one to get a seat next to Misses Mac Donalds...

'' Hi''  I looked up to see a flight attendant  with a pale old man looking at me.

'' Yea'' I answered.

" Miss your in this gentleman's here seat.'' said the fight attendant.

'' Sorry, my bad'' I sighed and got up.

' I'll be quite happy to show you to your seat miss'' she said leading me to the front of the plane. I quickly followed and realised that we were going to a somewhat plushier looking area of the plane. The flight attendant stopped and pointed to a blue seat next to her.

''Thanks'' I said as I got into the seat an pulled out  a book to read from my bag.

''Hey'' said an exotic looking girl next to me who looked to be around my age. She was pretty, I mean really pretty. She had long wavy shiny black hair.  Her skin was slightly tanned and she had brown eyes.  From the looks of it she was rich too as  her clothes were Ralph Lauren and the bag on her lap was Gucci.

''Hi'' I replied and quickly started to read my book not bothering to make small talk.

After two hours on the plane I was fast ready to land.

'' You like Taylor swift?'' asked Amanda or whatever her name was.

She's been going on like this for the past two hours, only asking me one set of random questions about what I like and don't like.

" She's okay'' I said but apparently my response was clearly not what she wanted to hear because now she kept going on and on about how many music awards tailor swift one and how pretty she is.

This girl was giving me a headache.

''Attention all passengers. Please return to your seats and fasten you seat belts. We are about to land'' said the pilot over the intercom.

Thank you great God almighty.

I thought to myself as I adjusted my seat belt as Amanda started chattering excitedly about finally being in L.A. and for the first time in this plane ride I shared her enthusiasm.

Finally my dreams were on there way to being fulfilled.