Chapter 1

Mari stared out into the ocean. It was so loyal of him to promise never to leave me. But why would he throw the shell? She thought.

"Hey, Mari you up there?" Jowee asked.

"Yeah."

He climbed the ladder and joined Mari on the railing.

"Hero just left."

"Oh." Mari sighed.

"You ok, Mari?"

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You seem upset."

"I just- I miss dad, and it's really hard being the new mayor." She sighed. "What if Wilfre comes back? What am I gonna do then?"

"Don't worry." Jowee took Mari's hands. "I'm here to protect you."

"Um... 12... 10! Weady or not hewe I come!" Cindy called. She climbed the ladder. "I found you! I found you! I'm good at this game!" Cindy was 6 now. "Now it's your turn Jowee!" She ran off.

Jowee chuckled. He looked back at Mari. He moved a piece of her hair from her face. "You're so gorgeous."

Mari smiled. They moved closer to each other until their lips-

"Jowee! You comin'?" Cindy called.

"Uh..."

Mari smiled, and let go of Jowee's hands. "Go ahead. I'll stay here."

Jowee climbed down the ladder.

Mari looked back at the ocean.

"... And I promise to protect you." The conch glowed, holding the promise inside. Jowee threw it into the ocean.
"Jowee, no!" Mari yelled.
"It's a promise I tend to keep..."
---------------------

First page of my favorite game, I love the game, I love Jowri, I love EVERYTHING!!! So, I hope you enjoyed that, I had fun writing it. Thanks for reading!!!