Chapter 2

Teresa...a half-breed created by the Organization.

Seventy-seventh generation Claymore, Warrior number 182.

No matter what Yoma she faces, she slays them without exhausting her Yoma power. For that reason, her face never grows ugly or contorted, and when she slays the creatures, she seems to have the faintest of smiles. So she is known as Teresa of the Faint Smile, the strongest woman among those called Claymores.

Somewhere in a world filled by humans, flesh-eating Yoma, and the ones who slay those vile creatures, there was a gathering of tall, peculiar looking blond and silver-eyed women dressed in silver armor with a large claymore held firmly in one hand, and a figure in all black holding a hysterical little girl. All of the women clad in silver seemed to be surrounding one of their own.

"That's regrettable, Teresa." Spoke the figure in black. By the sound of voice, we can only assume it to be an older male.

"Oh, I suppose." Said the woman surrounded by the rest.

"TERESA! TERESA!" The little girl cried out, but her pleas were ignored. The girl struggled in the man's arms, but it was all in vain. He was simply too strong for her.

"I can't believe it myself. How could this happen to me? I never thought I'd lose my head." The woman – now known as Teresa – sighed. "I forgot myself...and when I came to, it was all over. The Organization, the rule that forbids killing humans...I forgot them all." She looked up to the sky. "I only wanted to protect the girl, to take care of her..."

The girl called out to Teresa again. She was completely in hysterics.

"Just tell me one thing first," said Teresa. "As for her, who will provide for the girl?"

"That is no longer your concern. She will be dealt with by the Organization from this point on." The man said neutrally.

Teresa turned her attention back to the other women surrounding her. "I see... Thank you." With that bit of information, Teresa's resolve became sharper and harder than her sword. She would not be dying today, oh no she would look after Clare until the end of time now.

"TERESA! NO! I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE! TERESA!" The girl's outburst was only answered with Teresa looking back at her for only a second.

The women surrounding Teresa readied their claymores.

Teresa closed her eyes, tuning out the world. She could faintly hear the sound of Clare's crying and the other woman running towards her.

SCHING

Everyone stood still for a moment...before the five Claymores dropped to their knees, blood erupting from their shoulders.

Teresa was left unharmed and unmoving. Her wavy blond hair swayed with the mountain breeze.

"Their wounds aren't deep." Spoke Teresa. "They'll recover if they use their Yoma power." Teresa smiles faintly at the man as she held her claymore in her left hand. "Forgive me, but I don't feel like dying just yet."

Orsay's body went numb, and Clare escaped from his grip, the girl clinging to Teresa like green on grass.

Clare sobbed as she hugged Teresa's waist tightly, calling her name in happiness.

Teresa placed her hand on Clare's head affectionately. She spoke gently, "There, there. You sure do cry a lot."

Orsay was less than pleased. "What is the meaning of this, Teresa?"

The wind began to blow, Teresa's cape dancing in the breeze, "It's hardly profound. The reason's very simple." Teresa smiled at him. "I've found a reason to live. From now on, I'm going to live for the girl."