Chapter 6

The next day

It was a nice quiet morning in the valley. The sun's rays were warm enough to be comfortable, the birds chirped their morning songs, a woodpecker pecked away at one of the trees, and the slow flow of water could be heard. The light illuminated the entire valley, highlighting the different colors. Reds, whites, blues, greens, yellows, oranges, etc. Flower pods grew into beautiful dandelions, petunias, roses, marigolds, and lilies.

Weeping willows, magnolia sargentiana, and cherry blossom trees grew beautifully about the valley. The mountains stood tall and prouder than ever, lush green grass grew back onto the bases and bodies of the mountains once the winter had passed.

Our little protagonist was currently sitting on a small boulder, leaning back as he observed the scenery. A serene expression rested on his ageless face.

Percy smiled as he looked up at the clear blue sky, breathing in the aroma of mildew and honey. He could feel the sun's warmth as it seeped through his skin and relaxed him. 'What a beautiful day.'

"Percy! Percy!"

'And it couldn't get any better.'

Percy brought his attention towards the running Clare who laughed with complete joy. Raki was only a few feet behind her, slowly catching up to the young woman. The two of them looked incredibly happy as they ran towards the youngest of the Primordials. Large, jolly, smiles nearly split their faces in half.

The two reached Perseus – both panting – one more than the other. Clare regained her breath faster than Raki. She smiled excitedly at her father figure, hopping up and down like a young rabbit.

"Guess what?" she said, the face-splitting grin never once leaving her face.

Percy raised his right eyebrow, mischief twinkling strongly in his colorful eyes. "What is it?"

Clare crossed her hands and held her arms straight down, swinging them from side to side. "Lake Day~" she sang.

Percy's kind smile morphed into mischievous grin. "Are you ready?"

Clare stood straight up – stiff as a board – and gave her father figure a soldier solute. "Yes, sir!"

Percy nodded, then turned his attention to Raki, who grinned just as wide. It seemed Clare had filled him in on the coming event, and he was excited about partaking in the fun. "Raki?"

"I'm ready, Percy. Clare told me about Lake Day and how it's tradition. I've never been allowed to hang out with the other kids in my old village because of the Yoma. It was too dangerous to be out alone, but I really want to join in on the fun tomorrow. If that's okay with you, sir."

Percy ruffled Raki's hair, making it messier than it already was. "Of course you can join us, my boy. You can join in on all the fun you want." Percy stood from his rock under one of the weeping willows. He rested his arm over Raki's shoulder and spoke teasingly. "After all, it seems Clare wants you to join us, anyways.

The two blushed crimson once Percy said that. Clare began spluttering incoherently while trying, in vain, to deny such claims. Percy chuckled at his daughter in all but blood. She looked cute when she was all flustered. It brought warmth to Percy's heart every time she was around. She always had a way of cheering people up.

"Alright, you kids run along. Clare, I believe you have some chores to complete before tomorrow, correct? Also, can you inform Artemis and her Hunters about tomorrow's events? Ask them if they would like to join. I'll be flooding the entire valley again. Same as every year."

Clare's blushing and spluttering fit ended as if it never happened. She smiled brightly up at Perseus. "Okay!" she said before running off towards the Hunter's camp to relay Percy's message.