Chapter 5

It's been several years since Teresa battled Pricilla, and several years since Percy's episode.

The group of six had moved out of the town and traveled to southeast Lautrec, by the coast. The group had stumbled upon a hidden valley surrounded by mountains on all sides.

Upon arrival, Ilena noted that the only way they found the valley was because of Percy's domain over the Earth and other planetary bodies. He was able to sense the green basin in the coastal mountain range, and the low pond within it because of his domain over Water. Otherwise, no one could find it unless someone were actually looking for it.

Teresa concluded that the lake surrounded by mountains was the perfect place for someone who doesn't want to be found. Thus, the group decided to settle in the valley, and build their new home.

Percy and the former warriors of the Organization helped each other with building a cabin made out of wooden planks from the trees that dotted the earth, but there weren't many trees. So when the group cut them all down, Percy used his domain to grow more and fill the vacant spots the previous ones left behind.

Once the cabin was built large enough to fill six people comfortably, the group finally began living in peace.

Young Clare had grown into a healthy young woman.

Percy trained her on how to use a sword, with the help of the others.

Ilena taught her how to think fast, and analyze her opponents before fighting, while Noel taught her how to be nimble and quick.

Sophia also made sure that Clare became as strong as she was fast.

Clare may have not been at the level of the former Claymores - by far - but she was a force to be reckoned with among the humans.

Once Percy deemed her worthy, he granted her his blessing. She was not given the ability to control parts of his domain, for she was only human and she had no traces of divinity within her being, but he did grant her an extra boost in her strength, and endurance.

Her stamina was heightened to that of a Claymore ranked in the 30's, and her ability to cope was boosted by the blessing. He had her train harder in the mastery of both her strengths and her weaknesses.

While the years passed on, Teresa, Percy, and Clare had bonded enough to be considered related. Of course, Ilena, Noel, and Sophia had bonded with the three, it wasn't as strong.

Teresa and Percy had taken on the roles of mother and father for little Clare. The two adults may have not been in love, but there was no way they wouldn't take on the parental roles that were left vacant for Clare. Clare even started calling them mom and dad - this brought extreme joy to the two powerful people - and loved them as if they were her actual parents.

The Organization had decided to leave them be for a while, and there hadn't been any news on Pricilla's whereabouts.

Teresa believed she had Awakened and settled somewhere far away.

Everything was relatively peaceful during the ten or so years the group lived in the valley.

That was, until one mid-afternoon.

Clare had been tasked with washing the group's apparel in the lake. She had grown into a fine young woman. Her straight brown hair had grown long enough to reach the bottom of her knees, her grayish-green eyes matured, and her (Hannah Montana-like) bangs grew until they covered half her face. Her figure had become more feminine - looking like the other Claymores, but carrying just a little more muscle. She was no longer the frail little girl who was abused by the Yoma who impersonated her older brother, she was now a young woman in her early twenties who was raised by the former Number 1 and the Primordial of Power and Balance, and trained by three of the best Claymores of their time.