Chapter 13: Under Love's Warm Haze

I squinted as I lifted my eyelids, allowing the light to reach them. I then smiled as a familiar scent filled the room. I turned my head to the side and stared at the beautiful woman beside me.

"You're awake," Katherine smiled as she placed a tray of breakfast in between us.

I arched a brow.

"Did you make this?" I wondered. Awe, how sweet.

"I did."

Her eyes lit up with pleasure.

I glanced at the amazing meal before me, consisting of bacon, eggs and mashed potatoes. I then redirected my gaze on Katherine's gorgeous face.

"Thank you."

I bit my lip, prior to pushing the food to the side, making a pathway for me to reach her. I then crawled into her lap and wrapped my arms around her slender body.

She returned my embrace, sending a comforting warmth through me.

A smirk became apparent on my face as I gained confidence.

"The food was getting in the way."

"Was it?"

Katherine laughed before tickling my sides, inflicting my laughter.

"Hey, stop it!" I squealed.

Katherine's smirk widened with pleasure.

"Or what?"

"Or I'll..." I paused as I pondered over what to say next.

I couldn't think of anything so I just said what any child would say in that moment.

"Or I'll tell my mom!" I smirked.

She just looked at me, furrowing her brows, amused by this.

"Such a child," she remarked, finally releasing me.

I giggled softly before tilting my head back slightly, gazing into Katherine's icy eyes. She returned my stare, her eyes revealing her affection. It was nice. It was nice that I had someone like Katherine in my life. She was like my guardian angel. Ever since she was given to me, my life slowly turned around. Because of her, I learned what happiness was again.

It was because of her...

My lips curved into a smile as I leaned in closer, admiring Katherine's beautiful complexion. Her eyes sparkled, filled with delight, as she stood there, seemingly curious. Maybe she was curious about what I was thinking.

My heart seemed to skip a beat, as I leaned closer to her face. I felt the heat rushing to my cheeks as my lips pressed against her cheek. I lightly brushed it as if she were a delicate flower, causing her to smile from ear to ear.

"Hmm," she hummed, her angelic and gentle voice sounded in my ears, making my heart flutter.

We could do this all day. Just staring into each other's eyes, and expressing our admiration.

But then, a thought came to my mind. My teacher was in my bedroom, and my parents were just downstairs. How was this even happening? How was it real?

I slid my hand next to hers and eloped her pinky with mine, teasing her at first, before our fingers intertwined.

It was like we were stuck in a fantasy, a dream that I couldn't wake up from.

Suddenly, however, I heard my door squeaking, signaling me that someone was trying to come in. My eyes enlarged, as my anxiousness overwhelmed me.

I looked into Katherine's eyes, seeing her reciprocated fear.