Chapter 15: Prom Night (Part 1)

"Sweetie, do you need help putting on the dress?"

Another knock.

"Angelica... um, yea. You need help with that?" A masculine voice sounded in the room.

"Angelica Rose, are you even listening?" My mom knocked again, making my ear drums burst. "Angelica."

I twisted the knob of my bedroom door and opened it quickly. Their eyes locked onto mine, after glancing at my dress.

"Wow..."

My dad's eyes roamed at the creases of the dress, following its pattern.

"You look..." His eyes widened. "You look beautiful."

My mom's eyes sparkled as a grin became plastered onto her face.

"My daughter is all grown up."

Her smile began to be intoxicating with how wonderful and genuine it looked. It had caused me to return that smile as they brought me into their embrace.

My dad's expression changed a bit, from an amazed one to a protective one.

"Now where's this boy that's accompanying you?"

I smirked as I scratched my head.

"His name is Jack, and he's actually a really nice guy..."

He raised a brow.

"Isn't he a football player?"

He leaned in closer, his eyes beginning to communicate something on their own.

"What did I say about football players, Angelica?"

"I know. I know," I exhaled as they finally released me from the hug. "But, he's different. You know, Daddy, it's never good to believe in ridiculous stereotypes."

He light-heartedly grinned as his eyes softened with his stare, revealing that he was actually listening.

"I guess I shouldn't assume until I meet him..."

He let out a miniscule chuckle, prior to his smile widening.

"Though, I'll be keeping a keen eye on him. Boys are never up to any good."

Mom chucked as she eloped her hand with Dad's.

"Oh, Carl. Angelica is a good girl. I'm sure she can pick the right boys."

I remained silent, though a minuscule smile appeared across my face.

It made me curious though. My mom knew that Katherine and I were together, yet she was okay with me going to the dance with Jack, who was a boy. Was she allowing me to date two people at the same time? Then again, she also knew that Katherine was my teacher and that going to the dance with her was out of the question.

I guess she just wanted to see me having fun with someone my age, as well.

A couple of minutes had gone by, and before I knew it, the phone had rung.

My eyes enlarged as the hint of excitement ran through me.

"I'll get it!" I practically yelled as I skipped my way to the landline. "It's probably Jack."

"Your date?" Dad had assumed.

I nodded as my hand grasped the phone, but to my surprise, a different voice had greeted me.

"Angelica," a feminine voice ran through my ears, immediately making my body tingle due to my excitement.

I looked at my parents, who were seemingly invested in a conversation of their own, and so I alleged.