1:10 am

Harry laid flat on his bed, eyes focused on the ceiling. He could hear the pattering of the rain on his window, a steady thumping that calmed in a way. A long breath escaped his mouth. He looked up to his clock; 1:10 am. Harry knew he shouldn't be awake, but something was keeping him up. That something, just happened to be a someone.

Louis.

Of course Harry wasn't angry at Louis.He could never be. He just longed to know if Louis cared for him, the way Harry cared for Louis. It was all too complicated for Harry to begin to describe. Of course, he wasn't sad about he and Louis' friendship. Everyone knew they were best mates. They shared a flat together. They told each other everything. Harry felt like Louis was his missing half! They always joked around with each other; sometimes Louis would poke at his dimples or run his fingers through Harry's curly hair. But, Harry wondered at late hours like this, if each "I love you" Louis said was more than friendship.

Suddenly, Harry heard a loud crack of thunder boom through the sky. It seemed to make the whole room shake. He sat up and saw the rain hitting the window even harder now. Harry leaned against the headboard, and watched the trees blowing in the strong winds from the storm. He wondered if Louis had a view of the storm from his window. Harry sighed. He should try to get Louis OUT of his thoughts, not into them more than before.

There was another loud CRASH that echoed through the flat. This time, it was accompanied with a large ZAP of lightning. The lightning illuminated the room, and reflected off of something gorgeously blue near his door. He stared at what the lightning had lit up, and realized it was a pair of cerulean eyes. They looked frightened, and a little stung from tears.

"Boo?" Harry whisper-called to the boy, using a nickname he hoped could make Louis smile.

"Harry..." Louis managed out, clinging to the door. "I'm scared..."

Harry look at the poor boy, knees trembling a bit, his pretty face scrunched up and streaked with tears.

"Louis, are you afraid of the storm?" He asked, adjusting his blankets.

Louis opened his mouth, and squeaked out a little "Y-ye-es."

"Awh, come over here Lou." Harry said as he patted the spot on the bed next to him.

Another clap of thunder roared through the night, and Louis ran over to the bed. He practically dived under the sheets. Harry held in a giggle as Louis gripped the blankets around him, whimpering a bit as this round of thunder rolled away. Harry was quiet for a second, to see if Louis was calmed. He wasn't. Harry took the corner of the blankets off of Louis' head and looked towards him.

"Louis, there isn't anything to be afraid of. It's just a little storm." Louis looked partly shocked.

"Little?" He asked Harry, "you'd call this storm, little?" Harry shook his head at Louis, whose eyes were stilled pooled with tears.

"That's not what I meant. I meant this storm can't hurt you. And even if it tried, I'm here with you."

Louis looked up to Harry and shivered a bit. Harry offered out his arms to Louis, just as another bit of thunder began. Louis cringed into Harry's stomach, fitting like a puzzle piece. Harry wrapped his long arms around him. Louis nuzzled his nose against Harry, and snuggled in closer. Harry was filled with a glowing, a feeling of such love and compassion towards the shaken Louis in his bed. Harry could feel Louis begin to cry. He softly began to hum a tune, trying to soothe Louis. He could feel Louis' rushed breathing slow down, but the tears continued.

"You are my sunshine...?" Louis questioned through his tears, looking up to Harry. "Is that

what you're humming Hazza?"

Harry smiled down at the older, but smaller, boy, and laughed. He thought Louis looked adorable all bundled in his blankets, pressed against him.

"Yes BooBear, it is. Now will you calm down? I don't want you to make yourself sick." Louis stifled out a giggle too.

"You know I love it when you call me that" he said, his shaky hand reaching up to play with Harry's hair. "Will you sing for me, Haz? Sing 'you are my sunshine'?"

Harry couldn't refuse Louis in a state like this. He couldn't ever refuse Louis, to be fair! So he began to sing softly:

"You are my sunshine,

My only sunshine.

You make me happy,

When skies are gray.

You'll never know dear,

How much I Love you!

So please don't take

My sunshine away."

Harry tilted his face down towards Louis, and kissed the top of his forehead. Louis froze for a moment, but then melted back into Harry. He heard Louis start to laugh again, muffled through his slowed tears.

"What's so funny Lou?" Harry asked quietly, taking Louis' petite hand in his own. He stroked the back of his hand with his thumb. Louis shakily giggled again.

"You sang me 'you are my sunshine', but there's no sun now! Just this... Scary... Storm."

Harry looked at Louis, squeezing his little hand tighter. Louis squeezed back.

"Louis, I don't need sunshine, because YOU are my sunshine. And, that's all I really need." Harry gulped. "Someone to be my sunshine."

Louis looked up at Harry, a little shocked. Harry instantly regretted saying that to Louis. He probably just made him uncomfortable. Harry knew Louis would never feel the same towards him. He dropped Louis' hand and instantly muttered "I'm sorry".

"But Harry," Louis mustered out, "you are my sunshine, too. And that's all I really ever wanted, for you to be, well, mine...?"

Harry was overcome by such a joy, he didn't know what to say. He looked into Louis' captivating cerulean eyes, the little golden and green specks shining with happiness. Harry could feel tears prick at the corners of his eyes, as Louis began to cry again. This time, of happiness. Harry reached up his hand to brush away Louis' tears. Louis placed his hand on Harry's cheek. Slowly, Harry began to lean in towards Louis' soft, tiny, pink lips. Louis tilted his head up, and connected his lips with Harry's. After all this time, they both finally felt the lips they longed to feel. They felt such a rush of emotions then, and neither of them wanted it to end. Finally Louis looked up, his face lit in another ZAP of lightning. He cringed back into Harry, taking his hand from his face and intertwining their fingers.

Harry knew he was still scared, so he whispered into Louis' ear:

"I love you sunshine."

Louis hummed into Harry's torso and whispered back:

"I love you too, sunshine."

Harry held Louis tight, until he heard his breathing even out. He knew Louis was asleep. Harry rested his head on the top of Louis', and fell asleep to the sounds of the passing storm.

{ oh wow this is so short and idk what I'm doing idk how to tag this to categories ow.

And I don't proofread, so.

But yeah.

This is the first one shot I wrote. I have more, but. Um.

OH YES. Dedicated this section to my Elsie. Lob.

She sort of inspired me to do this, alright?

And her Kitten Harry sort of lit up my life.

I just owe a lot to her. And she's perfect.

Your MAOW lobs you, Elsie. ( @partywriting GO FOLLOW HER)

YEAH SO YEAH.

I would love feedback! Or to talk! Or friends in general...? I swear I'm niiice.

Thee Lilly is nice.

Hugs and Butterfly Kisses,

~Lilly 😘💗👑🎀😊 }