Seeing R Again

Time skip

We started to get ready for bed, after I was teased, then I went outside on the balcony. "Jen. Jen!" I gasped when I heard that voice and looked to see R.

"R! What are you doing here?" I asked. "Came to see you." He told me.

"You can't do that, it's dangerous." I told him, while shedding tears of joy. "Jenny, shut up, we're trying to sleep." I heard Nora say and I apologized.

"R, if people see you, you'll get killed, they're not like Jules and I. Do you understand that?" I asked. "Yes." He told me.

"Are you talking to yourself?" I heard Julie ask. "No!" I said and they came out, then saw R.

"Is that him?" Nora asked and I nodded, before we let R in, then took him upstairs. "I missed you, R." I said as I hugged him.

"I missed you too." He whispered and I felt warmth coming from him. "You feel warmer than before." I told him.

"How did you die?" Nora asked. "I don't remember." He answered. "How old are you? Because you could be twenty-something, but you could also be a teenager. You have one of those faces." She said.

"Okay, enough, he's uncomfortable. But if I had to guess I'd say at least twenty." I said as I sat beside him. "Why did you come here, R?" Julie asked.

"To show everyone." He answered. "What?" I asked.

"That we can change." I heard Julie sigh. "R, no one here is ever gonna buy that." She told him.

"Wait, wait, wait. Did you say we?" I asked. "Lots of us changing. Dreaming." He told us.

"That's a big deal, since corpses can't dream at all, they can't even think. No offense." I said to R and he shrugged, since he knew it was true. "We have to move fast." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Boneys chasing me. They're chasing us." He told me and my eyes widened.

"We could fix him up. I have some makeup that I was saving for a special occasion." Nora said and I nodded. "We can make you look more alive and I have a sewing kit, I can fix any holes in his clothes." I told them.

"We need some foundation a little blush. Probably a lot of blush." Julie said. "No way." He told us.

"Yeah way." I said and we started to work, then I put on a song. I fixed up R's clothes, while he was in the shower, and they almost looked new, then we looked at our results. "Hold up. You look hot!" Nora said. "Wow." Was all I managed to say and we started to walk where Dad was.

"I'm kinda worried, I don't think this will work." I told R. "Hey. No matter what, we stay together. We're changing everything." He told me and I nodded, before we followed the others.

"Stay together. Promise." He whispered and I nodded, then we walked inside the tent. Nora and Julie went to talk to him, before I walked over with R.

"Hi." R said. "Who are you?" Dad asked and I grabbed R's hand.

"This is R." I said. "I didn't ask you, I asked him. Who are you?" Dad asked again, then realized he was a corpse and pinned him to the wall, while pointing a gun at his head.

Nora and Julie told us to run and we did. "You okay, R?" I asked, when we were far enough away. "I'm fine." He told me and I hugged him, which he returned.