Chapter 38

Austin's POV

I didn't know if I could tell her what I had to say. I didn't know how she would react or what she would say or if she would even see me the same way again. I wanted so badly for her to know, but I knew if I said something, it could effect the relationship we had right now.

And I loved the relationship we had now. We went from being two people that hated each other's guts, to two people who were almost like the best of friends. And I wanted more than that.

But I knew she didn't. It was like I was stuck on this huge roller coaster of feelings that I couldn't get off of. I wanted to feel one way, and I wanted to feel that way forever, but I didn't know if that's what Ally wanted. It was only a few months ago that she hated everything about me.

"I... um... w-...Last night we made out in your bed," I said the first thing that popped into my mind, the first thing that I could think of... that wasnt what I wanted to say. But it had to work.

"Whoa, are you serious?!" she questioned, placing a hand over her heart, and dropping her jaw.

"Yeah, it... it's one of the few things I remembered, we almost had... sex but, we stopped," I placed my head in my hands and sighed deeply, her reaction to this was way overblown which meant if I'd said what I really wanted to say she might have passed out.

"Wow well.. that's... that's crazy," she shook her head, her eyes were opened so wide, they almost looked as if they were going to pop out of her head.

"Yeah.. it's crazy what our drunken minds will do," I managed to put a weak smile on my face and chuckle like I didn't care. But I did, I was sick of feeling this way. I had everything I wanted and yet I still felt like something was missing.

Ally's POV

I knew that's not what he wanted to tell me, judging upon his actions and the look on his face, I just knew. But something told me I didn't want to know just yet what he had to tell me, I had to wait a little longer to know, until I was ready, and I'm guessing, I just wasn't ready.

So I faked a dramatic reaction, placing my hand over my chest and opening my eyes wide. Pretending to be surprised by the news. But it wasn't that big of a deal. Austin and I had kissed before, without being drunk, it wasn't that big of a deal to me now.

We sat awkwardly again after our conversation died out. I had nothing to say and neither did he. And strange enough, I didn't want to say anything, in fear of him trying to tell me something else. I didn't want to know anything else, I didn't want to know whatever he had to tell me because I was afraid. I was afraid of losing him more than anything, losing our friendship, and it was so weird because it wasn't so long ago that I thought he was more than determined to ruin my life. I never thought I could find joy being around someone like him.

But I did, and I didn't want to lose it now that I had it. I wanted to keep it that way.

"So... are we just gonna sit here like this, and not say anything for the rest of the day?" he questioned, a rather awkward tone.

I scratched the back of my neck and cleared my throat; "I guess not, don't you think you should be getting home, or checking in with your parents? I'm sure by now they're pretty worried about you, they haven't seen you since yesterday morning."

"Aah, I didn't think about that until now, I guess I should call them or something and let them know I'm alive," he chuckled; "I've never gone a full day without checking in and letting them know I'm okay, I know if I did they would panic and send a whole town full of people to look for me, thats a fun fact of the day I guess," he rambled. He fished his phone from his pocket and retreated to the other room.

Austin's POV

She didn't want me there.

I knew she didn't otherwise she wouldn't have brought up my parents. As I stood quietly by the window that overlooked some of Miami, I wondered what it would have been like if I decided to tell her what I had to say. I knew my feelings for her were completely one sided but I was hoping that something in me thought wrong. But I was right...

I didn't want to be right though, I wanted to be so damn wrong. I wanted every negative thought, every negative feeling, every negative dream. To be wrong. For once I didn't want to be right in this battle.

I dialed in my mom's number and waited impatiently as the phone rang. She answered just seconds later.

"Austin, goodness gracious we were beginning to worry about you," she said, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Yeah, I'm just fine, I went to a party last night and it was too late to come home so I stayed at Ally's place," I replied, still gazing out of the window.

"Will you be coming home any time soon?" she questioned; "Your dad and I are about to leave to have tea with the Johnson's so if you would like to come I suggest you get home now."

I considered it until my hangover brought me back to reality; "Oh, no I can stick around here a little longer, I'll be home at around 7 or 8 tonight."

"That's fine as long as you get your room cleaned up, I don't care what time you get home, I mean it this time Austin your room better be clean when your father comes to wake you up in the morning or you won't be allowed at any parties for a month," she quipped, her voice upset and stern.

"Yes, I know, I'll get it clean or whatever."

"I'm seriou-"

"Oh my goodness, I know, I said I'll get it clean its not a big deal," I replied, now annoyed with our conversation.

"Watch your tone please."

"Can I go... or are you just gonna keep me on the phone telling me things I already know?" I questioned.

"I'll talk to you later then son," the phone hung up. I locked the screen of my phone and sighed. I didn't know what had gotten in to me, I didn't usually give my mother attitude, and when I did I usually said sorry for it.

But something different was on my shoulders today. The feeling of being rejected overwhelmed me. I'd never had that feeling before. But it felt so bad.