Chapter 42

Ally's POV

The boy's looked like they were having so much fun together, I hated to tell them that it was time to go. We packed up our things and headed to Austin's car. Ryan was already drifting off to sleep, and I hadn't even been carrying him for that long. I buckled him into his car seat and closed the door.

"You two were adorable," I stated, as Austin and I headed back to Jessica's house.

"No, he's adorable, he's just so innocent and harmless, I can't believe I got him to talk more than once today it seems like he's broken out of his shell a little bit," he replied, excitedly. It made me happy to see that he liked my brother that much.

"Yes, it really does, I was so surprised to hear that he was talking to you, and I was more than surprised to hear everything he said, I don't think I've heard him talk that much in a long time, but I'm glad to hear that sweet little voice of his again, I missed it," I admitted, as I glanced into the back seat at his sleeping figure.

We pulled up to Jessica's house moments later, and I rang the doorbell, making sure I had everything that she gave me, so that I could return it.

The door quickly flew open and she smiled as she noticed Ryan was sleeping; "Did you guys have fun?" she questioned, as she took him from my arms.

"Yes we did, he talked," I beamed; "And he of course loved the water just as much as he did when he was a baby."

Jessica smiled cheekily. "That's great, what time will you be back to pick him up?" she questioned.

I thought for a moment, remembering that I would have work tonight, I wondered if Austin wouldn't mind watching him for a little while I went to work; "I think I'll be here to get him at about 3:15 or so, since I just want to make sure everything in the apartment is perfect for him.

"Okay that sounds good, you should get going I don't want you to be late to your class," she suggested.

"Alright, I'll see you later then," I waved and walked back to Austin's car, where he was patiently awaiting my arrival.

I got into the car, and he pulled off, the car was filled with silence for a while before I decided that I should ask him about watching Ryan before I forgot; "Hey Austin?" I said twiddling my thumbs together.

"Yes princess?" He replied, lifting a brow.

"Well umm... I told Jessica we'd be there to get Ryan again at 3:15, but I have work today, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind watching him for a little while I'm gone, if you don't want to, you don't have to, I'll just tell her that we can try another day, y'know, one when I'm off."

Austin smiled widely at at me; "Of course I wouldn't mind, I love being around Ryan, and its only for a few hours after all."

"Well good, that's good then I'm glad you're okay with that, but don't do it if you don't want to, it would make me very upset if you were only doing this to be nice to me," I warned him.

"Obviously I want to Ally, Ryan is by far the easiest to take care of, and we get along well, I don't see any red lights right now." a chunk of brown hair fell into his face, I liked when his hair did that, it added effect to his already messy hair.

We made it back to school 8 minutes before chemistry class, which meant I had time to pick out a good spot in her class. I waited as Austin grabbed his books from his locker, and we walked to Chemistry together.

But as soon as we made it, we noticed the door was closed and locked, and there was a sign on the front door, in bold letters.

The Chemistry Lab will be closed today and tomorrow due to an accidental chemical spill, Yesterday evening, though there was a great amount of the substance spilled. There was not enough spilled to effect the whole school, only enough to effect the chemistry lab, and Mrs. Levine's English class, all students attending this chemistry class have a free period, and as for end of the day students, you are permitted to an early dismissal.

-Mr. Hawkins.

I smiled happily as I finished reading the note, school was over sooner than I thought it would be and I hadn't even been expecting it.

"Well then, I guess we can just head back to my apartment, and maybe go grocery shopping for something I could cook for dinner, and breakfast tomorrow.

"Alright sounds good," he replied; "Lets get ready for Ryan to come stay the night."