Chapter : Ten

Dylan's P.O.V.

Just few days were left for my engagement. I was nervous. I wasn't sure I was ready for this. Sam too wasn't here to comfort me. She left me alone when I needed her the most. She said she would arrive at the day of our engagement. I sure am mad at her for being such an ass of a bestfriend.

Later that night Sheren and I went to the club. I went to get us drinks when I saw Josh making out with a girl. How could he do this. First time Sam liked a guy and what he does in return. I went over to him and punched him right on his face.

"What the fuck!", he shouted and turned around to punch me back but stopped when he realise it was me. "Dylan! Whats wrong with you? Why did you punch me?", he asked looking all innocent and confused.

"You have some nerves, dude!", I said pulling him by his collar. "How dare you cheat Sam! She changed herself for you and what do you give her in return this. Such an asshole you are. You should be.."

He cut me off.

"Whom are you talking about you, son of a dog! You are talking about me while all the time you have been the one to hurt her.", he shouted at me.

"What are you talking about? I would never hurt her.", I said.

I saw Sheren running towards me and patting my shoulder to calm me down. Josh jerked off my hands.

"You asshole. You have no idea what she had been suffering because of you and your girlfriend.", he said. He looked very angry now.

"Lets talk outside. Lets not gather anymore attention.", said Sheren pulling both of us outside.

"What were you talking about?", I asked totally confused.

"You know why she left New york. You think its because of me! No. Its because of you. Its because of her unrequited love for you. You never noticed her. You were so busy with you few days' so called love that you couldn't see your so many years' bestfriend suffering because of you.", he spat the words at me.

I fell on the ground on my knees.
"She loved me!", I whispered.

"Yes. She never liked me. All this was just my plan to make you feel jealous. I thought you liked her too. But I was wrong. I feel sorry for her. You call her your bestfriend while you never saw what you meant to her.", he said and left.

"She loved me!", I repeated again. "I am fool. Why didn't I ever saw it! Why!"

Sheren came beside me, "Its  not too late, Dylan. Go to her. Tell her that you love her too. Its my mistake. The first day we went on that date then only you told me that you love someone else. I shouldn't have come between you two."

"No its my fault. I was so stupid. I should have told her long ago. But I was worried it may affect our friendship.", I said as tears began to fall down my cheek.

"Go to her. You both belong to each other, Dylan.", she said slowly.

I hugged her and said how sorry I was and then ran to the airport.