chapter one - updated

"Cara, have you even practiced the vows for the Royal Ceremony this weekend?" I roll my eyes. My mother has been nagging at me for days about this stupid ceremony. The one where I become Luna.

When I was born, my mom had some issues and one problem became another and she was told that she can no longer have children. My parents were never able to have a son to take over the pack, so here I am.

"No, mom. I will later. Just relax, I have a couple more days to learn them." I reply, trying to calm her before she gets worried.

"Are you kidding me Cara! How are you going to run a pack when you procrastinate over the smallest things!" Why does she have to raise her voice?

Sighing, I walk to the fridge and grab a water. "Thank you for believing in me! It means so much. But honestly, if worse comes to worse.. I can just write the vows on my hand." I walk away to end the conversation and to refrain from having a fight with her. She's always on my back about something. Mind you, I'm pretty careless when it comes to anything really. So I can understand her concern.

Walking into my room, I throw my water bottle onto my bed and shut the door. Plopping onto the bed and grabbing my phone off my nightstand, I dial my Beta, Baxter.

"Hello?" He answers in a groggy voice.

"Are you seriously sleeping Baxter? You're such a lazy ass." I laugh.

"No, I'm not sleeping. At least not anymore thanks to you." He mumbles.

"Good, I want you to come over to help me out with this ceremony crap. Mom has been on my tail about it all week." I laugh at my werewolf pun. I'm freaking hilarious.

"Alright, see you in a few minutes." I hung up on him as soon as he finished talking. Baxter and I have been best friends since we were pups. His dad is my dad's Beta and his mom is my mom's best friend.

A few minutes later there was a knock on my door. Since Baxter is part of my pack he lives on pack territory and since he is a Beta his house is right beside the pack house, also known as my house. Opening the door, I'm engulfed in a hug.

"Baxter, I'm giving you two seconds to remove yourself from me." I tried to say but it sounded muffled thanks to my face being squished against his chest. He smells good though.

He pulled away, laughing at me, "You don't scare me Pup."

I looked up at him, growling. My wolf was growling too, begging me to attack him. "I'm not a Pup." He continued laughing all the way to my bed. Being called a Pup is one of the biggest insults to a full grown werewolf because Pups are weak and helpless. As a werewolf, especially one of a high rank, you're supposed to be strong and brave.

"Earth to Cara." I come back to and see Baxter's hands waving in front of my face. "Sorry." I say while shaking my head.

"Now, I'm here.. so what did you need help with?" He speaks on a serious note.

- - - - -

Okay, I know this chapter is weak and I'm ashamed.

First chapter is like a first impression of a book. Besides the description.

Please, if you've come this far. Give this book a chance.

I promise it gets better.

VOTE & COMMENT

much love xox