chapter three - updated

"Jocelyn, please calm down. You're not making this any easier on me." I whisper to her through my mind. She is howling and jumping around and it's starting to give me a headache.

"Cara! He is our mate! You can't ignore him forever! He's so beautiful Cara. Please look up at him." She whines. I shake my head. My body is starting to get sore from how tense I am. Slowly, I can feel him move to sit beside me. I curse and slowly turn away from Baxter and stare at my desk. Gripping the wood until my fingers turn white.

"CJ, what's wrong?" Baxter speaks softly.

"Nothing." I growl out.

Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder and my entire body relaxes while tingles shoot up my arm. I lift my head and turn it towards our Mate. My beautiful Mate. Immediately our eyes meet and I freeze up. His eyes are a soft brown with little specks of yellow. His full lips are pink and his hair looks so soft. My fingers twitch and slide towards him. I come to my senses and pull my hands onto my lap and smile at him.

"H-hey. Listen, I'm sorry for walking into you earlier. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and I-.." he whispered. His voice sounded heavenly. My heart lurched at the sound of it.

"It's alright. No need to be sorry, it's not everyday that I get to literally run into a handsome guy." I smirked, sending a wink his way.

He blushed and looked away. It took me long enough to work up confidence to look at him, there's no way in hell I'm letting this conversation end here.

I hold out my hand, "My name is Cara."

He grabs it and shakes, "Zander." He froze for a second before shaking my hand. He must feel the Mate pull. His name is just as sexy as he is.

"Well Zander, may I see your phone?" I smirked.

"Uh, s-sure." he mumbled while passing me his phone, unlocking it in the process.

Quickly I type my number into his phone and send myself a text so I have his number as well. Handing back his phone, I pick my phone up from my lap and send him a text.

At that, we focused on the teacher at the front of the class who was droning on about something that's probably unimportant

At that, we focused on the teacher at the front of the class who was droning on about something that's probably unimportant. All I could focus on was the gorgeous man that is sitting to my left.

I glance over at Zander and smile to myself. He's so shy. It's quite cute. I then look over to Baxter who was already looking at me with a weird look on his face. He grabs his phone and points at it, signalling me to look at it. I click the power button on my phone and I see Baxter's name appear on the screen. I open the message and read it.

 I open the message and read it

I stare at my phone screen. My eyes glued to one word. Human. I didn't pay attention to that. I can't have a human for a mate! He's weak. They don't know the first thing about leading a pack! They don't even know we exist! What the hell am I going to do.

"You're going to accept him for who he is. He's our mate. The only one we get. Besides, if you ever turn him then he will be just as strong as us." Jocelyn growls protectively.

- - -

The bell rang and I walk out of the class, waiting for Zander to walk out behind me. As soon as I seen him, I hooked arms with him and a chill ran down my spine. Me, Zander and Baxter walked down the hallways towards the cafeteria. I don't think I'll ever get used to the feeling I get when I touch him. He tensed up, but relaxed when I grabbed his hand with my free hand and squeezed it.

"Relax Zander, I don't bite." I reassured.

- - -

We sat down at our table in the cafeteria after buying our lunches and everyone's head snapped towards us. My mind link was filled with questions about who Zander was and I quickly replied. 

"This human is my Mate. If anyone disrespects him or looks at him wrong, they will be dealing with me." I growled.