Chapter 8: Retreat House

So, how many people actually want Percy/Skye pairing?

How many people don't?

This starts Season 2, Episode 14: Love in The Time of Hydra. I DO NOT OWN AGENTS OF SHIELD.

"Come with me." Coulson said as I was packing up a bag to head back to my job before I got called away.

"What about my other mission?" I asked raising an eyebrow, "The only thing you needed from me was to help Skye control her powers." I pointed out just as the plane shook just a little before settling.

I sighed, "I see your point. Nico, uh.." I trailed off not knowing what to do with Nico.

"I'm visiting Spain." he deadpanned and then just vanished into the shadows.

I dropped my bag and was about to unzip it before Coulson grabbed my wrist, "Actually, I'm taking you two to a remote location. Everyone is worried about Skye being an agent especially with her powers..." Coulson trailed off and I could see the look in his eye, he thought of Skye as a daughter and I knew then that I would help both Coulson and her get through this.

"What safe house?" I asked my voice low when Coulson said people were worried, this was going to be on the down low.

"The one that Bruce Banner would use if he felt unsafe. The one that is very isolate and that SHIELD is now using." Coulson said and at my blank look, rolled his eyes and clarified, "The one in the mountains, with the bunch of trees. I'll send the coordinates to you."

I felt amused and ushered him off to have Skye grab a bag while I ready the jet.

Most of the flight was in silence as I took off the headphones for communicating with the nearby towers and just waited for Coulson, the guy who normally breaks silence, to talk.

"I'm sorry about everything that's happening, Skye." while I couldn't see them, I knew he meant it.

"Not your fault." Skye responded almost instantly, "The blame begins and ends with my dad."

"Well, you wouldn't be the first person to have parents with misguided intentions." Coulson pointed out trying to be helpful.

"Nope, just the first whose crazy dad lured her to an alien city to get earthquake powers." I rose an eyebrow, huh, we both had parent issues, mine was a god who destined me with a war, and then another one.

"Yeah." Coulson said trying and failing to think of how to respond before saying, "I got us a little something for the trip."

I rolled my eyes thinking about what he got, I saw him take on of his stashes of Twizzlers with him. He was probably sharing them with Skye, seems she was very close to him. He only let's people he considers family, like really close family, have some. Me included.

"Thing I remember most about my dad is he was a car guy. Always working on this junker he insisted I help him fix. While my friends were outside, playing ball, having fun, there I was, stuck at home with him, fixing that damn car. Wasn't till we finished that it hit me. That car was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. And all the time we'd spent together working on it gave me an appreciation I never would have had otherwise." I let a small smile on my face, I knew the backstory of Lola, sure, but he never went into much detail.

"Hold on." Skye said like she also knew what he was talking about, "Was that car a red 1962 Corvette?"

"Yeah." Coulson said and I could imagine the small smile on his face, the one that always comes when he talks about Lola.

"Well, he'd be very proud. Your red Corvette flies. How cool is that?" Skye asked and I sat up in the pilot seat, we were getting close.

  It's pretty cool." I heard Coulson pause thinking about what he was going to say next, I had a feeling it was about Skye and how everything sees her, "But I think the thing he'd like most about it at her core, she's still just a red '62 Corvette."