Chapter 3 ~ Happy Twentieth Anniversary!

One Year Later

August 15th, 2018

I felt the sun flood my face as I woke up one morning. I opened my eyes and looked up at the ceiling. Sighing, I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep again.

I had to get up. I had to go to work.

"I don't wanna go to work," I groaned to myself. "Five more minutes."

"Who are you talking to?" I heard Draco ask me.

I opened my eyes and saw Draco standing over me. "Myself, apparently."

Draco chuckled and then got down to his knees. "Do you know what day it is?"

"Wednesday," I replied.

"I meant the date, you idiot," he said, smiling at me.

"Oh, uh..." I trailed off, trying to figure out the date.

"I'll give you a hint..."

"No! Just tell me!" I whined.

"It's an important day for us," he told me.

Confused, I thought about it for a second, then gasped. "It's our anniversary!"

"Yes!" Draco exclaimed. "How could you forget?"

"Draco, I don't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday," I told him, getting out of bed. "Now, I have to get ready for work." I tried to move past Draco, but he wouldn't let me go. "Draco, what are you doing?"

"You're not going to work today, and neither am I," he responded. "I already told your brother that we're taking the day off today."

"And he actually agreed to let us take the day off?"

"Well, it took some convincing from him..."

"Of course it did," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"But I have the entire day planned for me and you," he said.

"What about Scorpius?" I asked.

"Teddy is gonna watch him," he answered. "Come on, get dressed. We've got a big day ahead of us."

We headed off to Harry and Ginny's house by broom to drop Scorpius off with Teddy, James, Albus, Rose, Lily, and Hugo. Teddy assured us that Scorpius would be fine and he bid us goodbye.

"So, what exactly do you have planned for today?" I asked.

Draco smiled and mounted on his broom. "Follow me."

*******

"Okay, what are we doing here?" I asked as we landed on the ground, surrounded by trees.

"Do you recognize this place?" he questioned.

I looked around for a moment, then turned my head towards Draco. "This is the Forest of Dean, isn't it? I didn't know you knew about this place."

"You told me about it twenty years ago," he replied.

"Well, that was twenty years ago," I said, laughing. "But seriously, what are we doing here?"

Draco reached in his pocket and grabbed a little bag. After opening the bag, he pulled out a blanket and a basket.

Undetectable Extension Charm. Clever.

He grabbed his wand and set the blanket neatly on the ground. Then, he took the basket with his hand and sat down.

"Oh, Draco, this is...this is so sweet," I exclaimed, sitting down beside him.