Epilogue

June 2021

Ever since the defeat of Delphi, things began to change for the Potters and the Malfoys in the best ways possible. We all began to keep in contact with our kids more, writing to them every chance we got. Albus and Scorpius were doing great in school and they seemed to enjoy Hogwarts more now than they did at the beginning of the year. I always enjoyed receiving Scorpius' letters.

The moment I woke up today, I had a feeling that it was going to be a good day for everyone, especially for me. The end of term for Hogwarts students was today, which meant Scorpius was coming home for the summer. Draco and I were looking forward to spending more time with him ever since what happened at the beginning of the year. We thought it was best to be around Scorpius more. After all, we felt bad about neglecting him, and we didn't want to do that again. So, Draco and I were going to make an effort to be better parents to our son, which I hoped Scorpius would see. But most of all, I just wanted him to be happy again. Actually, I wanted all of us to be happy again.

I got dressed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. Once that was done, I headed out of the bathroom and into our bedroom again, getting the flowers that were on the dresser. I went downstairs to find Draco already had a mug of coffee for me.

I smiled at him. "You already got coffee for me?"

"You know I'm always prepared," he replied, smiling back.

I placed the flowers on the table and grabbed the mug from him. "Thank you." I gave him a peck on the cheek.

"You're welcome," he said.

Draco and I had been working on our marriage, more specifically, communicating with each other, ever since we made up. We tried to set up some time for ourselves to just sit down and have a conversation about whatever we could think of and we had to be completely honest with each other. We both enjoyed it and we thought it was really beneficial for our marriage. We agreed that communication and honesty was the key to all of this and we were glad that this was all working out for us. It was great that we were able to move past our rough patch.

"So, will you and Scorpius meet up with me after you pick him up from King's Cross?" I questioned, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Yes," he said.

"You know where?"

"Yes, you've told me a million times now," he replied.

I grinned. "I just wanted to make sure you remembered."

"My memory isn't that bad..."

I chuckled. "Well, I should get going. I'll see you later." With that, I put the mug down, grabbing the flowers and giving Draco one last kiss before heading for the door.

"Max." I turned around, facing a happy Draco. "I love you."

My face brightened. "I love you, too." I gave him one last smile before leaving the house, closing the door behind me.

I wished I was able to walk to where I was going. Instead, I Apparated to the top of a beautiful hill. I had never been here before, but I only knew about it because Harry. I scanned around, trying to find what I was looking for. I walked around for a bit when I finally spotted it. There, standing before me, was a gravestone, and carved in it was an unforgettable name:

Cedric Diggory

1977 - 1995

A son, a friend, a hero.

I got down on my knees and leaned the flowers against his gravestone. For a while, I just stared at the stone, tracing my hands along his name, tears forming at the corners of my eyes. "It doesn't seem like it's been twenty-six years, does it?" I sniffled, composing myself before I went on. "I'm sorry, Cedric. I'll never forget everything you did for Harry and I." I smiled sadly, wiping the tears from my face. "You were good, you really were."