8|How He's Mine

"You actually have good taste!" I exclaimed in astonishment to Reina

"You actually have good taste!" I exclaimed in astonishment to Reina. It was once again the weekend and I'd planned on hanging out with her all day but Vincent invited me to a party with him. Of course I was surprised at first but after a minute I agreed to go. I got goosebumps all over just thinking about walking in to the party with him as my date.

Behind me I heard Reina scoff. "Why do you sound so shocked? Are you telling me I never had good taste before?"

I laughed a bit as I continued rummaging through her closet. "Remember freshman year when you use to wear that big red hat and-"

"Okay, okay! I see your point!" She'd glared at me as I stuck my tongue at her and went back to finding the perfect outfit.

"Ugh! Help me Reina! I wanna look good tonight!"

"For what? Vincent isn't special. If he can't accept the kind of clothes you wear then he's not for you."

I rolled my eyes. "Can't I just want to look good for once?"

"This isn't you, Priscilla! He's obviously changing you. I mean just today we took a quiz in Ms.Crow's class and you got a 'D'! You never get anything lower than a 'B'!"

"It's not a big deal, Reina! And what's the big problem if I get one 'D'?! I can always make it up! Vincent isn't changing me at all!"

"You're just blinded by his interest in you! But I'll tell you what I see!"

I'd turned to look at her. "That's enou-"

"What I see is a smart girl who's being taken advantage of by some bad boy player who probably could give two fucks-"

"Stop!" I'd yelled out in anger. Both Reina and I glared at each other not saying a word. This wasn't the first time we'd both argued like this. All this week we'd been arguing and I really wasn't liking fighting with her.

She'd finally broke the silence. "Your grades have deterred, suddenly you want to change your look, and we hardly hangout anymore."

I'd bit my bottom lip before finally saying something to her. "I really like him, Reina..."

She sighed. "I know and I don't want to be the one to force you to dump him. It's your choice so I'm sorry." I was about to apologize as well but her next words had my heart breaking.

"I just miss having my best friend around."

• • •

"You wanna dance?" asked another random guy. When Vincent and I got to this party I had no idea who anyone was. They all seemed much older and wilder than high school students. He'd went to get me a drink but ten minutes had already passed and I still didn't see him.

Sighing I got up from the couch ignoring the drunk guy calling me. I really should've asked him whose party this was before going. I just got so distracted when he'd seen my outfit and called me beautiful. It was the first time hearing those words out of his mouth and that's all I could think about.

I'd headed out the back to go look for Vincent which didn't take long as I'd spotted him immediately. But that was only because I'd noticed a girl dancing all up on him. Anger consumed me and before I could stop myself I'd headed towards them.

Once there I'd pushed the girl off Vincent who I glared at but I'd turned around to give the girl a piece of my mind. "Why don't you go and find someone else to give an incurable disease to! He's mine!"

She gasped. "Who the hell-"

"You heard her. Fuck off." At Vincent's words she'd stood there trying to say something but nothing came out. Finally she'd just huffed and walked away.

He then wrapped his hands around my waist from behind and whispered in my ear "So I'm yours now?"

I blushed but still nodded my head at his question. If he can claim me as his girl why can't I claim him? His chuckling brought me back to reality.

Spinning me around he stared at me before placing that signature smirk on his face. "There's nothing to worry about."

I'd scoffed at his ridiculous statement and was about to respond back but stopped as his next words had me breathless. "I'm all yours, Dollface."

I couldn't help but smile as a thought came to mind. I was his and he was mine.