Breaking Up

Lily's P.O.V

I woke up so happy this morning. While I got ready, I thought about how great my life is right now. My first crush is my first boyfriend, I have friends, a loving family, and a great school. When I got downstairs, I saw Harry talking to Ron and Hermione. It was the weekend, so we didn't have classes today. I ran down and hugged Harry, covering his eyes. I told Ron and Hermione to be quiet so Harry could guess who it was. I had Hermione ask him "who do you think that is?"

Harry's P.O.V

I was talking with Ron and Hermione, when someone hugged me. They also covered my eyes, and Hermione asked "who do you think that is?" I had only one person in mind: Lily. I turned around and then saw it was Lily. She smiled and I kissed her saying "I was right." She giggled and then kissed my cheek. She joined in the talk with us, and then we went for breakfast. Lily was in a very good mood today, and when we got back to the common room, she laid her head on my lap. I looked at her, and she smiled. It was just us, because Ron and Hermione were still at breakfast. Lily sat up and I let her sit on my lap. She sat sideways so she could see me. We looked into each other's eyes, and slowly started to lean in. We kissed, and then we didn't stop for a while until Hermione and Ron back. We knew it was them because Ron saw us and said "bloody hell!" We pulled away quickly, and Lily saw Ron looking mad. She sat back in the couch, and giggled. Ron couldn't take it so I said "fine, well stop, mate." He looked less mad, and he walked upstairs. Hermione sat next to Lily, and told us "you guys don't have to listen to him. He just feels awkward since you're dating his sister." I nodded, and Hermione smiled. She said "I don't mind watching you two like that. It just reminds me that everyone can find happiness somewhere." The three of us kept talking, and when we realized that Hermione didn't care, I wrapped my arm around Lily. When it was later, we went to set up for another DA meeting. This was the last one before Christmas. After the meeting, I gave a short speech, and said "well, we'll continue after Christmas." I heard people moan in sadness, but I continued, saying "so just practice as much as you can, and... Well done, all of you." Everyone started clapping, and when we were all gonna leave, I saw Cho stay back. I went back, and Lily looked jealous. I held her hand and said "don't, worry. Nothing's gonna happen between us." I kissed her, and she walked out with a worried face. I went to talk to her, and she said she was sad about Cedric. She also said "do you think Cedric knew all this?" I answered "yeah, he did know this. He was amazing." She looked up, and said "mistletoe." Oh no. Lily. She started leaning in, and I tried to pull back, but she wouldn't let me. See force me to kiss her, while I struggled to break her grip. I hope Lily doesn't see this.

Lily's P.O.V

I saw Harry stayed back to talk to Cho, and I felt jealously flood my body. He said nothing would happen, so I trusted him. I walked out, and Hermione saw my worried face. She said "don't worry. Harry loves you, and he wouldn't wanna hurt you." I nodded, and then realized I forgot my bag. I said "I forgot my bag. I'm gonna go get it." Hermione nodded, and I went back. My book bag was right by the door, and when I looked at Harry, I dropped it. Tears instantly formed in my eyes, and with the bang if my book bag Cho and Harry stopped kissing. I met Harry's eyes and my tears began to fall. Tear after tear, I tried to take in what I saw. Harry said "Lily, please. Let me explain-" I cut him off by shooting a fireball at Cho. I then looked back at Harry, shook my head, and walked out. I kept my head down so no one would notice I was crying. I could hear Harry shouting behind me, saying "Lily! Lily! Please, come on let me explain!" He caught up to me, and he said "look, Lily. I'm so sorry, but I just-" I interrupted him again saying "no. I saw what I saw, and it doesn't need an explanation. We're done." I walked back to the common room, directly into my dormitory and to my bed. I laid my face in my pillow and let everything out. Hermione saw me, and said "Lily, what's wrong?" I couldn't talk because of the pain. She said "do you want me to get Ginny?" I nodded, and she ran out quick. I laid down on my side and tried to calm down, but that image was tattooed into my brain. I started crying harder. Hermione came back with Ginny, and Ginny asked "what happened?" Both of them looked worried. I got enough breaths to say "H-h-ar-r-y-" I felt the pain coming back. They both asked "what?" I started again "H-h-ar-r-y k-k-is-s-sed Ch-ch-o!" I lost it again, and Hermione and Ginny gave me a comforting heart. I let myself go, and I let all my tears out after 2 hours. I wiped the tears from my face, and Hermione said "I'm so sorry, Lily." I nodded and said "I broke up with him." Ginny and Hermione looked surprised. "What? You broke up?" I nodded, and wiped two tears that had slipped out, Ginny looked mad and said "I'm gonna kill Cho." I said "no, it's ok. It's over. She can date Harry now." Hermione said "wait, you and Harry dated for years! You're really gonna give up on him and give up and where you two were?" I nodded, and answered "for now. Can you guys check if Harry's back? I wanna go downstairs without seeing Harry." They nodded and went to check.

Harry's P.O.V

I was heartbroken. Lily saw Cho kissing me, and she broke up with me. I tried to talk to her, but she didn't stop. I sat down on the couch, and put my face in my hands. I felt my tears slip. Ron came and said "what's wrong mate?" I said "Lily broke up with me." I wiped my tears, and I just thought: great job, Harry. You had the girl of your dreams, and you lost her. She's not taking you back. Hermione and Ginny came down. Ginny looked madder than Hermione. Ginny came and slapped me. She yelled at me saying "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO LILY! You broke her heart! How could you?" Hermione said "Lily basically had a heart attack! She couldn't even talk! Her heart is shattered I millions of pieces!" I answered "I can't believe I did this to her. I have to tell her the truth. Cho kissed me!" Hermione said "if that's true, we're gonna see if Lily wants to talk to you tomorrow." I nodded and said "thank you both so much." They nodded and walked back up.

Lily's P.O.V

I had kind of forgotten about what happened, until I realized I still had the necklace Harry gave me in 3rd year. I started crying again, and I looked at the chain. It was switching from silver to gold to silver to gold. It's because I'm not sure if I still love Harry. I took it off, and put it underneath all my stuff. I was thinking about dropping it in the lake tomorrow. Hermione and Ginny came back, and I hugged myself. Hermione said "Harry's down there. He wanted us to tell you that he wants to talk to you tomorrow." I nodded and said "I don't know what to do!" I started crying hard again. I realized u forgot my book bag in the room of requirements again. I told Hermione, and she said she would get it tomorrow. I nodded, and then checked to go downstairs. I didn't wanna avoid Harry, but I was still mad at him. I had the guts to go downstairs, and Harry gave me a hug. I hugged him back, and he said "Lily, I'm so sorry! I wanted to tell you that Cho kissed me, but you wouldn't stop walking." I still had glossy eyes, and I asked "really?" He nodded and everyone left us alone. Harry looked at me and said "can we sit and talk?" I nodded and he said "look, I never wanted to hurt you. I tried to pull away from the kiss, but Cho-" I cut him off and said "can you please not say her name?" A tear fell down my cheek. Harry nodded and said "she was forcing me to kiss her. I tried to pull away but she wouldn't let me." I thought about what he said. I wanted to take him back so bad, but not yet. I told him "ok, well, I wanna think about it over night. But for now, we're just friends." Harry nodded and said "I understand. It's my fault anyway." I said "no, it's not your fault. I believe you, but I'm not ready to take you back yet." Harry nodded and said "we should go to bed." I nodded and we hugged, as just friends. It felt good to hug him, but I didn't wanna seem desperate. I went upstairs, and then went to bed.

Harry's P.O.V

Lily told me she believes me, but she wants to be just friends for now. Ron asked "so what happened?" I said "I'm currently friend zoned." Ron looked sad and said "I'm sorry mate." I nodded and then thought about this morning when Lily and u were together and when she kissed me. I kept replaying our conversation in my head. As I payed more close attention, I realized that she had taken the necklace I gave her off. Her neck looked so alone without the necklace. If she takes me back, I want to give her a new necklace. I went to bed sad, and fell asleep. I hope Lily takes me back.