Chapter 28

Miguel Lobos P.O.V

"You got mugged?" Aunt Charlotte asked, disbelief dripping off her tongue. Both ladies were at the top of the stairs denying me access, even if it was unintentional.

"Who will dare mug you! Miguel Lobos?" Kimberly asked as well, also not buying my crappy story. I mean she knew me and what I could be capable of, so why would I get mugged? I'd rip that person to tiny pieces before they could even say one word.

"Some idiot." I tried moving but I winced, my leg hurt badly.

"Joe!" Kimberly yelled looking over me. Then Joe appeared in a flash.

"Please call doctor Reynolds? It's urgent." She ordered him.

"Yes Kimmy." Joe's voice sounded too happy for my liking. I turned to him with just my head.

"What did you call her?" Even when I was in pain, I wasn't going to let that slide, she's my Kimmy!

"Sorry boss, I'll call the good ol' doctor, Miss Kimberly." He then left.

All this time aunt Charlotte was quiet. I'd pay a penny for her thoughts.

"Can you walk on your own? I don't want to touch and make things worse." Kimberly spoke up, her voice was angelic, melodic to my ears. For a minute I forgot how much pain I was enduring. I tried walking two more steps but I had to hold myself on the railing.

"I'll live." I said, she and aunt Charlotte moved to allow me passing space.

"Remind me to get a fucking elevator in this damn house!" I winced as I had to go another flight of stairs to my bedroom.

"Why don't you just sleep in the guest room on this floor? It's only for tonight?" She said, placing her hand on my shoulder. Actually that wasn't a bad idea. I couldn't make it up there. I could try but by the time I reach my room I'd be finished!

I nodded and she opened the first guest room. "I'll go get some of your things." She said and left the room in a dash.

Aunt Charlotte walked in and stood before me. She started by taking off my ripped jacket, then she gasped at the amount of blood on my shirt. She looked at me, then she unbuttoned my shirt, carefully. I really don't know why I felt comfortable with this. But in a way she felt like a mother I wish I had. She acted like Caroline and she oozed off that feeling, that caring feeling so I let her. But I could tell she had a lot on her mind.

She folded my jacket and shirt. "Are you wearing anything underneath those pants?" She asked quietly. I blushed, I fucking, stupidly blushed! The fuck??

I nodded and she told me to take my pants off. And I did, just in time for Kimberly to walk in, carrying my bath robe, bathing oils, my bruise ointment.

"I'll just go burn these." Aunt Charlotte said and walked out.

"Your leg Lobos!" Kimberly crouched before me inspecting my leg, I did too. A bullet sliced just right outside my skin, and it burned like hell!

"What really happened tonight Lobos? Was it Carter?" Kimberly rose to her feet, folding her arms. Her concern really, warmed my chest. "There is no such thing as being mugged! Just tell me what happened. Please."

Just as I was about to open my mouth, Joe knocked on the door, telling us the doctor was here. I asked security to let him in.

He came in and his eyebrows shot to the roof. "How did you even get to be beat up like this?" He asked as he inspected my wounds.

"I didn't take many men with me." I replied, in a bored tone.

"That was stupid." He said and Kimberly snickered. And I glared at her.