Chapter Twenty One

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

BPOV

As soon as I got dinner on the table, Charlie walked through the door and hung up his gun. I had come to a decision on whether or not I was going to tell Charlie and I had decided that it would be best if he knew. Besides, the gene could have come from his side, or it could have been from Renee's, but she probably would have told me. But then again she probably wouldn't have.

"Hi Dad" I called as Charlie walked into the kitchen. Well, let's start with dinner first. "Something smells nice Bells" Charlie said as he walked into the kitchen. "Thanks" I said. We both sat down at the table and started eating the meatloaf I had made.

"Hey dad, do you know what a griffin is?" I asked, half way through our dinner. Charlie's head shot up, a look of surprise on his face. "Yes, why?" he asked. "Um, I don't know how to say this, so I'm just going to say it straight out ok dad?" I asked. He nodded his head. "I'm a griffin" There, he knows. "What?" Charlie asked, shocked. "I'm a griffin" I repeated.

"Shit. I thought the gene had run out" Charlie said. "Huh?" I asked. "My mother could change into a griffin, we all thought the gene had gone but obviously it hasn't" Charlie gave me a pointed look. "So you know all about griffins?" I asked. "Yeah, your grandmother told me everything, I wasn't one though, the gene skipped me" he said.

"Does Renee know?" Charlie asked. "No," I said. "Why not?" he asked. "I don't know I just didn't want her to know" I said. "So are you alright with this?" I asked. "What? With you being a griffin?" Charlie asked. I nodded my head. "Of course, it doesn't make you any different" Charlie said.

I got up from my seat and went over and hugged Charlie and that was big because I never really hug people that much. I hardly ever hugged Renee. "Thanks dad" I said. He patted me on the back. "No problem kiddo, even though I don't know what you're thanking me for" Charlie said. "I don't either, but I guess I'm thanking you for understanding" I said.

I pulled back from the hug and looked at him. "I think I'm going to go and do some homework" I said. "OK, I'm going to stay up and watch the game for a while" Charlie said. "OK, night dad" I said and walked upstairs. "Night Bella" Charlie said. Wonder how Charlie will take it if I told him that the Cullens are vampires. Thinking of the Cullens reminded me of Edward. I can't believe he is my boyfriend, I thought as I opened my bedroom door.

I gasped as I took in the figure lying on my bed. "Edward? What are you doing here? You scared me" I said as I walked into my bedroom and closed my door. Edward was in my bedroom. On my bed. That thought made me both nervous and excited. "Sorry for scaring you" he said smiling sheepishly. "It's alright, but what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I just wanted to see you, and I wanted to get out of the house" he said with a grimace. I giggled. "That bad?" I asked, knowing exactly what he meant. "Yep" he said, popping the 'p'. "So I thought I would come over here and keep you company" he said. "You do realise that I will probably be sleeping the entire time right?" I asked. "Yeah, but that is better than been at the house still" he said.

"True" I agreed. "Are they all at the house?" I asked. "No, Carlisle and Esme are, but the others all ran off to their own place I think" Edward said. "It must suck to have vampire hearing when that happens" I said as I walked over to my closet and got a pair of sweats and an old t-shirt to wear to bed.

I didn't necessarily need vampire hearing to hear Renee and Phil, they were just really loud. Now imagine that with vampire hearing. I shuddered as I thought of the possibilities. "Imagine having to hear their thoughts along with that" Edward said. "Oh god, that would be so bad, no wonder you wanted to get out" I said. He shrugged. "I'm going to get changed and take a shower. I would say make yourself comfortable but you obviously already have" I said to him.

He grinned at me. "Don't be too long" he said. I walked out of the bedroom and closed the door at the same time Charlie came up the stairs. "Goodnight Bella" Charlie said as he walked into his room. "Goodnight dad" I said as I walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I quickly took a shower, washing my hair and shaving then getting dressed into my sweats and t-shirt then brushing my teeth.

I put my dirty clothes in the hamper and walked back to my bedroom to find Edward lying across my bed, hands behind his head and looking thoroughly relaxed. When I walked into the bedroom, he looked up and took a deep breath. "You smell so good after you've just taken a shower" Edward said.

"Um, thanks?" I said, it sounding more like a question. Well what do you say when someone says you smell nice after taking a shower? "Move over" I said to Edward as I walked over to the bed. "Don't move, stay with me" I said as he started to get up and move. "Are you sure?" he asked. "Yeah, lay down with me" I said.

He lay back down, but on top of the covers so I wouldn't get cold. He leaned down and took a whiff of my hair. "Your hair smells so good" he said. "What is it with you and my hair?" I asked teasingly. "I don't know it just smells good" he smiled at me. I leaned against his chest as he played with my hair, braiding it then undoing it. Eventually Edward started humming and I fell asleep his chest, his hands still playing with my hair.

When I woke up the next morning, Edward was still sitting on my bed and I had my head on his chest, and one arm wrapped around his stomach. "Morning Bella" Edward said to me. I yawned. "Morning" I said. I noticed a little ray of sunshine was seeping in through a crack in the window. I got up out of bed and walked over to the window. "What are you doing Bella?" Edward asked.

I opened the curtains and welcomed the sun into my room. "It's sunny today" I commented. I looked back at Edward and found him standing in the shaded part of the room. "I can't go to school today" I said. "Can you go in the sun Edward?" I asked him. He nodded his head. "What happens then if it doesn't kill you?" I asked. "Want me to show you?" he asked. I nodded my head. Hesitantly, he walked into the sun light and I gasped.

My room suddenly became filled with different colours of the rainbow, reflecting off Edward and hitting other objects. "You're beautiful" I said as I walked forwards towards him. I reached out for his hand and took it in between my two and stared closely to see if I could find what was causing these diamonds. Edward sighed and I dropped his hand saying "Sorry".

"I didn't mean to sigh like that Bella, I actually enjoyed it, and the warmth was nice" Edward said. "Oh, sorry" I said. "No problem. You should probably get ready for school though" Edward said. "That's right, you can't come to school today" I said. "No, but can I come and see you again tonight?" He asked. "Sure" I said. Edward kissed me on the lips before climbing out my window and running off home.

I got changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and brushed my hair. I went downstairs and ate a bowl of cereal before putting it in the sink and grabbing my bag and walking out to the truck.

Time for another day of school. How fun.

(A/N)God my hands are hurting... :(