Getting home

~next day~
Mia and I are on the way to pick Madeline and Aria up. She is so exited and I am too. We will be at home with one more person and I can't wait. I park into the parking lot and we walk into their hospital room where Aria is getting dressed. Mia smiles and runs into Aria's arms.
"Momma."
"Hey pumpkin. Where you good for Daddy?" Mia nods and Aria turns her attention to me while Mia walks to the crib where her little sister is lying fast asleep. I smile and walk towarwards Aria and kiss her.
"Hi."
"He Daddy."
"The two of you can go home?"
"Yes. The Doctor was here in the morning and she told us that Madelyn has a check up in three weeks but other than that we can go home." I nod and before I have the chance to say something Madelyn's cries fill the room. We turn our attention to the crib where Mia strokes her head carefully but she has no chance to calm her down. She looks at us and a few tears run down her cheek. I take Madeline out from her crib while Aria sits down on the bed with Mia on her lap. I smell and I know that she is ready for a diaper change. I lay her down on the table and kiss her cheek.
"You little stinky baby." It only takes a few minutes until she is changed and a happy baby again. I take her in my arms and sit down on the bed beside Aria and Mia. Aria smiles and kisses Mia's cheek.
"Look. She was just upset because Madeline needed a new diaper."
"I don't like when she is crying. I want to protect her and I hate when I see her cry. She is my little sister and I need to take care of her."
"You do everything right Mia. Sometimes she is just upset and needs something and because she can't speak Madelyn cries." Mia nods and kisses Madeline's head before we get everything ready to leave the hospital. We drive home and I can't wait to spend time with my three favourite girls.