Chapter One

I was taking a bite of cooked flesh, waiting for my dad to come back with his men. I knew he was going to capture Nick again, because he always does. And this time, I was sure he was going to kill him.

I took another bite as I realized the army wasn't here. "Hm. Weird.." I thought.

Suddenly, I heard talking from the other room. I was curious for what was going on, because by now my dad would have captured Nick and his friends.

I have personally never met Nick, but my dad has told me all about him. He's smart, but gets in the way of Red's plans often. He is strong, but weak at the same time.

Suddenly, I heard a gun shot. Now I was surprised, because my dad doesn't like bullets in his food. So, disobeying his orders, I crept out of the room, quietly turning the corner.

I gasp, seeing the army and Nick walk away.

And what about my dad, you ask?

Well, he was on the ground, with a bullet in his chest.

"DAD!!" I scream, bending down on my knees to see his wound.

"L-Luna..." He said, grabbing my hand.

"Dad, we've GOT to get you to Ross- he'll fix you!" I tried picking him up, but to no avail.

"Honey, he left a few hours ago. Besides, he wouldn't be able to help me..." Red states, clutching his bullet wound.

Tears streamed down from my brown eyes. "Daddy... Please, you can't die... I don't have anyone else."

"You have yourself- and you can survive on your own. Don't worry." Then, he slowly took off his red mask- revealing the red haired, freckled man I hadn't seen in years. "Take this, and remember that I love you. Your mother loved you too." Then, he started closing his eyes.

"DADDY, PLEASE NO!" I sobbed.

"Goodbye, Luna." Then, he closed his eyes.

"Daddy?" I said, shaking him back and forth. I got his blood on my hands, but I didn't care. "Daddy?? Wake up, please!!" I said, shaking him harder.

But he just wouldn't wake up.

I cupped my hands and put them to my face, not wanting anyone to see me cry. Not like anyone would, however. All of the men left with Nick anyway.

I stood up, wiping the tears off my cheeks. "I-I need to bury him." I say, picking up his body and bringing it outside.

I dug a deep hole, deep enough for two body's. I then put his dead body in it, making sure to make it look like he's just sleeping.

I started filling up the whole. Suddenly, I remembered when we had my moms burial.

"Daddy, I miss mommy." I said, holding Red's hand and watching them put her coffin in the hole.

"I miss her too Luna." He said, squeezing my hand. "But she'll always be in our hearts."

"... Do you think she'll remember us in heaven?" I asked, looking at my dads freckled face.

"...o-of course she will. And we'll always remember her."

It was a huge thing for him to say that, especially since we weren't church people. My dad used to be when he was a kid, but when I was born, that changed.

I patted the dirt, tears on my face. Then, I got an idea.

I brought over a sign and hammered it down, right at the head of the grave. After that, I carved in a message.

I looked back and looked at what I had done. I then read the sign.

Red.

A horrible person, but a great dad.

19xx - 2016

I laughed a little at the sign, but that was all the laughs I had that day.

I stared at the grave, clutching the mask. I looked at it and smooths it out, wanting to make it look okay. Then, I slipped it on and walked away, thinking one thing:

Nick will rue the day he killed my dad.