Chapter Three

"Hello Luna."

"You came HERE?"

"Yes i did. It is a very spacious house, so it would work for my experiments." He waved over at the cages with zombies inside.

"B-but why did you leave?" I asked, confused.

"Because i knew that Nick was coming, so I left before they could find me and my experiments."

I suddenly got mad. "So you KNEW he was coming and you didn't tell my dad?!"

He shrugged, pushing his glasses up on his face. "Sometimes science is more important than life."

That struck a nerve. "You think my dad was worthless?? He DIED because of you." I started aiming at Ross again. "If it weren't for you-"

"If it weren't for me Nick would be dead, and your dad would be alive. But then the army would turn on Red sooner or later, and he would be dead either way. But let's stop talking about what would have happened,-" he lowered my gun. "-let's talk about the now. You want to kill Nick, right?"

"H-how did you know that?"

"Let's just say... I'm very good at guessing."

"Okay... Th-then yes! I do want to kill him."

"Alright. Then follow me." He then walked over to a desk in the corner, covered with vials and ingredients. He opened a drawer and started rummaging around.

While he was searching through the mess, I looked around. I got close to the zombies, Ross scolding as it almost scratched me.

"Ah! Here it is!" He cried, me looking over. He was holding up a vial with red liquid. I arced my eyebrow and walked over to Dr. Ross, wondering what he had there.

"What is that?"

"Well, Luna, it is Formula X. As in, the thing that made all these zombies here." He gestured to the walkers. Ross ten handed the bottled-up vial to me.

"What the heck do I need this for?" I say, putting it in my backpack.

"Well, to turn Nick into a zombie of course! He is the leader of a group, and if he dies..." He smirked, an evil glint in his eye. "Then they will be vulnerable to take over. That's where you come in- taking the army back and capturing the CDC."

I looked at him, looking to see if he was lying about anything. "What's the catch?"

"No catch. Just a win-win. You get your dad's army back, and Nick is out of my way." He put his hand out. "Is it a deal?"

I stared at him, growing happy that I'll be able to avenge my father. I grabbed his outstretched hand and shook it. "Deal."

***************

I trudged through the forest, staring at the setting sun. Suddenly, I heard voices from nearby. Being the paranoid person I am, I hid behind a tree and listened to their conversation.

"Thanks for lettings me comes with yous Nick!" An accented voice said. I gasped at the spin of my Enemy's name.

"No problem Barney. I just- hey, what's that!" Nick said, running away from me, Barney following.

I quietly followed them, looking at a camp they had just found. "Oh! Good workings dude!"

"Thanks Barney! Look, there is supplies in here! Maybe we could use them to help Shelby!" I heard him shuffling around in the open chest.

"So, this Shelby. I never reallys metted Her, but she sounds like she is specials to yous."

I heard a sigh. "Well... She is special. She is a great friend of ours, And I don't want to lose her." He saw him look up into the sky. "Hey, Barney it's getting dark."

"Go to sleeps Nick. I'll take the firstes shift."

I heard him yawn. "Thanks Barney. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Nick." I saw Nick crawl into the tent and Barney sit down on a log.

After a few minutes, Barney fell asleep. I smirked, knowing about what I could do. Making sure I was quiet, I snuck into there camp and started setting things on fire, making sure I got away in time.

I couldn't hear there conversation, but I saw from behind me that Barney was frantically shouting at Nick to wake up, smoke consuming the tent. Nick woke up, but he started coughing and collapsed on the ground.

I got a little closer and heard Barney yell, "NICK!!"

Nick got up, still coughing and grabbing his gun. I then stepped in front of them, blocking their way out.

"Is that you, Red?" Nick says, inching closer to me, not lowering his gun. "It can't be... Your dead! I killed you myself!"

"It's not Red, because your right. He is dead." I said through my fathers mask, coughing a little from smoke.

"Then who the heck are you?!"

"I'm Luna. And you'll regret the day you killed my dad." I then smacked both of them with the butt of my gun, knocking them out.