Chapter Four

I dragged them over to the bottom of the hill, where a pool was at. Making sure not to wake them up, i wondered what to do with them.

"Ross said to make friends with him, THEN infect him. But it would be so much easier to infect him now..." I reach into my backpack and take out the needle. I slowly lowered it to his arm, but then hesitate.

I looked behind me and saw smoke rising up about a mile away. "Hm... by the looks of the size of the smoke, thats a fire from a town." I looked back at Barney and Nick. Then, i smile. "If i befriend Nick, Barney and the town, then they'll trust me... Until i take over the town, kill Nick, and imprison Barney! BRILLIANT!" I look up at the sky. "You will be avenged dad."

Suddenly, i heard Nick groan, signaling that he was about to wake up. Worried that they will recognize me, i took off the mask and put it in my backpack. Then, i took off my camouflage suit and put on jean shorts, red tennis shoes, and a white tee shirt. Then, i put my brown hair into a pony tail and kneel down in front of them, my backpack next to me.

Nick groaned again, and opened his eyes. "AH!" He screamed and crawled backwards, staring at me.

"AH!" I screamed and jumped back.

"Who the heck are you??" He then jumped up and pointed his gun at me. "Im not afraid to use this!"

"Woah woah woah, stop!" I put my hands up and stared at him with my brown eyes. "I don't mean any harm!"

"Then what are you doing??"

"Look, here is the honest-to-goodness truth. There was someone who was about to kill you in that fire, but then i heard the commotion and came. When they saw me, they ran away and i brought you down here, away from the fire!" I lied.

Nick lowered his gun. "O-oh... I'm sorry!" He held out his hand. "Here, let me help you up."

I took his hand and got up. "Thanks, Mr?" I pretended to not know his name.

He smiled. "Nick. Your name?"

"Um..." I didn't want to say my name, because i was foolish enough to say my name. But then, my name wandered back to when my mom was alive;

When i was little, i loved the snow. I loved it so much that every year i would wait outside for the first snow of the season.

When the snow finally came, i would play outside for hours at a time. Since my dad would be at work, my mom would stay outside and either play with me or sit outside, sipping hot cocoa. Every time that i would throw snow up into the air, my mom's blue eyes would sparkle and she would say, "My little snow princess."

"S-snow. My name is Snow." I stumbled out.

"Nice to meet you Snow."

"Nick?" A voice said. We both looked down and saw Barney sitting up. "Who's is this?"

"Oh, hey Barney! You okay?" He helped his friend up and I handed him his gun.  He snatched it out of my hands, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Nick, who's this?"

"This is Snow, he saved us from that killer!" I cringed at 'killer', but didn't let them notice.

"Reallys?" He looked at me with curious eyes.

I nod.

"...wow!" He scratched his head. "Thanks you sos much Snow!" Barney shook my hand. "I owes you a lot of Goats Milk!"

"Uh...thanks?" I laughed a little.

"Don't mind Barney-he's foreign. He means well."

I looked at Nick and saw his bright smile, making me blush a little. Then, I snapped myself out of it. Suddenly, I noticed Barney limping a little bit. Just out of curiosity, I asked, "Are you okay?"

He took a step forward. "Ofs course I-" Suddenly, Barney fell to the ground, his leg bent in an odd angle.

"Barney!!!" Nick yelled.

We both grabbed him and payed him on the ground. He groaned in pain as I flattened his leg. "I brokeses- my- leg." He said between breaths.

"I know, I know bud." Nick tried to calm him down.

"Who's there?!" We heard a voice. Suddenly, an old man walked out of the woods.

"Help!" I say, acting like I cared.

Heh... I've always been a good actress. I thought.

"Oh my gosh!" The man came over and looked at Nick's broken friend. He looked at us. "Come with me; we'll take care of him in my camp."

We picked him up and he leaned in Nick's shoulder, all of us walking away from the pond. I looked at him and he looked at me.

Wow, his eyes are so cute... I then quickly looked at the ground. Stop it Luna. Your supposed to avenge dad, not actually care about Nick.

Because you hate him.

Because he killed your father.