Chapter Two

I walked away from my dad's grave and went back inside into the base. It felt so empty now, since no one was there and my dad was... dead.

I sat down at a the table i was at before and finished my meat. Then, i thought about what i was gonna do next. If i stayed here, i would be with my dad's grave - but i would probably go crazy from loneliness. If i left, it would be easier to get supplies - but i wouldn't be with my dad.

I sighed. "I guess i should leave then. Theres nothing else for me here besides...him." I touched the mask that was on my face, the only thing that was left of my dad besides his grave. I stood up and walked to the supplies closet, my footsteps echoing across the empty hallway.

I walked into the room and collected supplies - Two guns, amo, food, water, and a camoflauge suit, one that looks a lot like my dads. I put on the suit and put everything except one loaded gun into a backpack. Then, i put that on and approached the exit.

I took a deep breath. "Just be ready Luna. Be ready for zombies, death, blood, betrayal and don't forget what you have to do." I evilly smiled. "Kill nick. Just like what my dad was going to do."

I then stepped outside of the base only looking back one time. "Goodbye Dad." I whispered, walking away from the building in the woods.

*************

It was almost sunset, and the zombie hordes were getting thicker. Worried about my safety, I ran out of the woods, looking for a building that i could stay the night at.

Suddenly, I saw it. A big white house, with a sturdy door an vines growing on the side of it. It wasn't perfect, but it would do for the night.

I opened the door, making a creaking sound. I quietly closed it, just in case there were walkers inside. I held up my gun and went upstairs, searching for a bedroom.

Suddenly, I heard a groan. Turning around, I saw two zombies limping toward me. Jumping in shock, I shot both of them down. Sighing in relief, I walked into a bedroom, locking the door.

Laying down my backpack and my gun, I laid down on the dirty bed. It felt good to be on a bed again after walking all day.

In a few minutes, I fell asleep.

What seemed like a millisecond later, I awoke surrounded in fog, wide awake. Suddenly, a voice came from the fog.

"Honey?"

I gasped. "D-dad?"

The red haired man ran toward me and gave me a hug. "Thank goodness it worked, I just wanted to give you a hug again."

I hugged him as hard as i could. "B-but your dead!"

Red pulled away from me. "Luna... i am dead. This is just a dream."

I pulled my father into a hug again, not wanting him to see my tears. "No... please, dad. You can't be."

"i am Luna." He pulled away from me. "But, i have a way you can avenge me."

"How dad?"

"You need to kill Nick. He killed me, so you need to kill him."

I looked down at the ground. "Yes dad."

He lifted my chin up. "You can do it Luna. I love you."

"I love you too daddy." Then, he faded away into the fog.

Suddenly, I woke up in the old bed, sunlight streaming in through the window. It would have been a beautiful morning if i hadn't of heard zombies outside. 

I grabbed my backpack and picked up my gun, eating an apple. I wondered to the main floor, about to go outside when i heard walker from inside the house. 

Readying my gun for shooting, i searched the house, not seeing a single zombie. But, once i got close to an unexplored door, i heard the groaning getting loader. Carefully, i opened the door and wandered to the downstairs.

When i got downstairs, i stared at the sight before me. There were potions, bottles, weird things in boxes, and the weirdest thing - zombies in cages.

As i was marveling at the sight before me, i felt a hand on my shoulder. My instincts made me turn around and aiming my gun at the person's head.

"Put that down Luna." A calm, familiar voice said.

I gasped. "R-ross?"