Chapter 10

June 2017

I woke up to my phone going off. Lucky for me Colin stayed asleep, we had a long night. I was surprised to see Sophia's name across the screen.

Hey Ellie, I know we haven't talked in a while but I have something to tell you. I wish this was in person.... You're going to be an aunt! I'm having a little boy, he's due in about two weeks. I really hope we get to talk soon. I would really like for you to be here and see him! I love you and miss you so much." I sighed looking at Colin next to me.

"Looks like you're going to have a little cousin." I sighed playing with my fingers, trying to figure out what to do. Right now Sophia needs me, I need to be there.

"Buddy, I think it's time for mommy to go home."

I miss my family so much and it's about time I go home. It's time my family finds out about the newest addition to the family. I texted Kayla telling her that I needed to talk to her about something. Colin let out a little cry, so I pulled him into my arms where he calmed down.

"Let's go look at some tickets." I carried him over to where my laptop was so I could look up train tickets.

"Looks like there's one in a couple of days. Hopefully that gives us enough time before Aunt Sophia has your baby cousin." I kissed his forehead, hearing a knock on the door.

"There's Aunt Kayla."

"He seriously gets cuter every time I see him." She came in walking right over to us.

"Thank you."

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I think we should sit down." She nodded and we went to sit down on the couch. Colin curled into me more, making sucking sounds. I got him situated and looked back at Kayla.

"I'm so grateful for everything you have done for me, for us. My sister is going to be having a baby in a couple of days."

"Congratulations."

"Thank you. Kayla, it's time for me to go home."

"What about Jason?"

"What about him? He hasn't seen Colin in three weeks or tried to get ahold of me. I miss my family more than anything, especially now. I want him to know my family, and they need to know about him."

"I get it, but I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too. You and Dave are seriously the greatest people. I need my mommy though."

"We'll support you, when are you leaving?"

"In a couple of days. I'm trying to be there before my sister goes in labor."

"What are you going to do with your stuff?"

"Pack what I can, and then you guys can have the rest."

"I can't believe your leaving." She sighed.

"Me too, but it will be good for us." I kissed Colin's forehead, thinking about being home. I can't wait to be wrapped in my mom's arms again. He's going to get have someone to play with as he grows up.

(Couple of days later)

"Baby's coming today." Sophia yelled into the phone.

"Good luck, you will do amazing." I told her.

"I wish you were here."

"Me too, I will try to get there I promise."

"You better."