Chapter 23

February 2024

"Go see your aunt." I smiled scooping Luna into my arms before looking at my best friend Kayla. She came over wrapping her arms around me. Kayla really hasn't changed too much since I met her. Her long blonde hair is now short, the mom look. Luna takes after her daddy though, besides her eyes, those are all her mommy.

"Its so good to see you." She smiled.

"You too, she's getting so big."

"Yes she is. Where are your little ones?"

"Eating lunch in the kitchen, there's enough for this one too." I smiled kissing her little cheek taking her into the kitchen.

"Guys look who is here, aunt Kayla and Luna."

I set her down and she went right for Harlow. Luna is only a few months younger than Harlow, so they were pretty good friends. Kayla sat at the counter and I sat next to her. I watched as she rested her hand on her belly giving it a little rub.

"How's the new one coming along?"

"Good, its so much different from Luna. Maybe because now I kind of know what to expect."

"So, do you want another girl or a little boy?"

"Honestly I can't decide. One day I'll be dead set on a girl then two days later it's a boy."

"I was the same way. About a week before we found out, I just knew I wanted a girl and I always thought it was a girl."

"I can't believe the girls are going to be three and little man is going to be six." I nodded looking at the kids wondering where the time had gone. It's so crazy that six years ago I was pregnant with Colin.

"Have you heard from Jason?" She sighed looking at the kids before looking back at me.

"I haven't seen him or talked to him in years but Dave has talked to him. I don't know what's going on with him. Has he tried getting a hold of you?"

"No. I don't know if I want him too as bad as that sounds. Yes, I would love to have him in their life, but only if he was going to stay. I know for sure I never want to get back with him."

"Good I'm glad. When do I get to meet the new sexy boyfriend?"

"Tomorrow."

"Can't wait." I smiled thinking about Declan. In two days my sister is getting married again. Sophia and Kayla have become good friends so they are here for the wedding.

"Momma can Declan come over?"

"He's at work honey, you will see him tomorrow." Harlow came over and I pulled her into my arms. I kissed her cheek holding her close.

"Hey there cutie."

"Hi."

"You like Declan?" Kayla asked her.

"Yea, he take care of us and mommy. I like when he stays here."

"You feel safe?" She nodded, looking back over to her brother.

"You kids want to watch a movie?" They nodded and I got a movie started for them.

"He's stayed here?"

"A few times, its nice when he's here."

"Have you?" I nodded and she smiled.

***

"Hey beautiful." I smiled going over wrapping my arms around him. He leaned down holding me, giving me a kiss.

"Missed you."