Chapter 17

We've just arrived at the amusement park. I was walking hand in hand with Jooheon. We didn't have the time to come here and have fun at all, but we had been allowed to do it for the return of I.M. PD Kim didn't agree with that, but he relented. I fully agreed with him that this kind of return didn't need to be celebrated for the simple and good reason that he left without saying anything and in the end, the reason for his departure was not worth (in PD Kim's opinion) all the problems it has caused.

I bet you're dying to know the reason. It's been almost two weeks that he was gone, and guess what, he was in Singapore! In another damn country!! And why?? For a freaking girl! But not just any girl, no. You even know her yourself.

YUN!

When I saw that familiar shadow appearing alongside I.M, I couldn't believe my eyes. Still, I was happy to see her again, even if the fact that she didn't make it to the band made me feel uncomfortable facing her. It's been about three years since I.M and I were friends and I thought we were close enough not to hide anything to each other. He never told me he had met a girl. Even when he knew I was going to be part of the group, he hasn't said a word. He hid this relationship for so long.

Jooheon stopped at a dart booth to try to win a stuffed animal for me. As I expected, he didn't succeed. Ultimately, he stopped almost at every stand where there were not too many people. Yeah, I got two doggies out of the ten he could have won. But hey, I still loved this little no-good amusement parks boy.

I wanted to do more rides, but Jooheon wasn't a big fan of those. He was so fearful. Without knowing how, I managed to drag him to the haunted house with me. I wanted to go with the others, but I had no idea where they went in the park.

Our feet finally touched the inside floor of the house. Jooheon clung to me and I started to walk in a straight line. Since it was extremely dark, I walked slowly to avoid running into a wall or something else. I brough one of my hands to the left to get a reference point, clutched my fingers to what I think was a metal stick, and the sound startled Jooheon more than necessary. He let out a scream at the same time and I gave him a pat on the shoulder.

Me: It's you who's supposed to be the man, you know.

Jooheon: Sorry, but- AHHHHH !!

I looked at the front and saw a man (or perhaps it was a woman),  he or she was really disgusting. I sighed in despair and Jooheon apologized again.

Further, something grab our ankles. I couldn't help but cry this time around. And Jooheon are not missed.

Jooheon (whining): But where is the daaaamn exit?

We turned down a hallway that seemed infinite. After we walked half of it I think, someone came out of nowhere and started running after us. Jooheon jumped and ran leaving me behind. From now on, I knew I couldn't count on him if someone tried to kidnap me or something on the street. I ran away to join him.

Another "sorry" came out of his mouth.

The road ahead seemed interminable but with Jooheon, it was too much fun. He got head first into a spider web. He kept jumping everywhere. I watched him down on my knees, laughing too hard.

We finally got out of what Jooheon called "hell."

He sat on a bench and I went to get some cotton candy before I sat next time to him.

He seemed traumatized, poor little baby.

Jooheon: I swear I will never go back there, for whatever reason.

Me: Even to save me from a rapist?

He looked at me, incredibly pale.

Me: Hehe... sorry.

I.M: Ha Neul! Do you want to go on a tour of Viking ship? Jooheon, you want to come too?

Me: I think Jooheon better stay here and rest a bit...

I giggled and apologized immediately. That was mean to laugh at him as he seemed to suffer enormously from this experience. Still, it was too funny.

I.M: Yun, do you mind to keep him company while I go for a ride with Ha Neul?

Yun: Okay, go ahead.

She gave him a super cute smile and he bowed his head in thanks. He took my arm and I followed (without too much choice) to the ship which wasn't very far from where we were.

We joined the waiting line, file that seemed very long to me.

I.M: Let's come back here one day and let's do everything, okay?

I laughed and nodded.

Me: I still can't believe you were gone for so long. I was worried about you.

I.M: Sorry Ha Neul. But since you didn't even know about me and Yun, I didn't want to give you immediately the reason for my sudden leaving. I was so devastated when I received a call telling me she was about to get in the plane in the coming minutes. That's why I left all of a sudden. I took the first plane to Singapore.

Me: But why did you go? You haven't been very clear yesterday. You've explained a little something here and there but you quickly passed the main idea.

I.M.: Because she wasn't supposed to come back to Korea... before... before long. Long time. All the time of her studies, I think. And we wouldn't have been able to see each other. It was too hard to imagine.

He really seemed to love her. I've never seen him talking like that.

Me: But she's here with us.

I.M: Yeah, I brought her. I worked on her comeback here all the time I spent in Singapore. I found her a great apartment near our building and together we found a good university not so far away. Her father didn't agree, but since she had given up her dream of becoming idol and wanted to study at university, he accepted.

I nodded and told myself that now she would always be with us. Maybe she had given up her dream, but she certainly hadn't forgotten how she had passed so close to achieve it. And now she was going to see very often the people against which she had fought for her place, place that we took. I wondered if everything was going to be fine.

End of chapter 17! I'm starting college next Monday (so scared TwT) so of course I may not post every week (it's not like I'm doing any different now XD) but I hope I'll be done with this fiction by the end of October! Thanks to follow the fiction and to vote^^

Gamsahabnida!